Does supersonic uncapped LTE have a FUP

Markybes

Hi everyone. I am looking to get supersonic lte before the deal ends, but first i nees to know if it is true uncapped, or is it limited to 10mbs/s?

MikeaMatrix

Hi everyone. I am looking to get supersonic lte before the deal ends, but first i nees to know if it is true uncapped, or is it limited to 10mbs/s?
It is full speed. But some others with the deal have noted drop in speeds during peak times. For me it has been full speed all the time. But they may be with congestion lowering the speed on uncapped deals.

Markybes

Do you know if i can move it with me if i go out or town or is it fixed to the adress

Kavi P

Please don't waste your time. I'm one of those who get below 3mb/s download during the day but 50mb/s download and upload at 3AM. Trying to query this with them is similar to having teeth extracted at a dentist. They keep saying that they don't throttle or shape until they're blue in the face but I'm confident that they do, and I will be posting my proof to this site very soon. You experience may vary, I guess it all depends on the tower congestion that you connect to.

Their sales team is great, but their customer service/technical departments are beyond pathetic. You could ask a single question to three different people and receive three different answers.

I'm sitting here counting the days until I can cancel this hoax of a service and move on to a capped package with a different provider. Serves me right for getting fooled by the "Uncapped" caption.

Sadly for you, there's no way for you to test it before signing up with them as their speeds on the capped service are way faster than their uncapped package.

Choice is your.... if you're a glutton for pain and want to risk it, then by all means go for it. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Crumbl0x

I agree with the people on this forum, it's mostly area specific however. Some get consistently 150mbps+ speeds while others can't crack over 20, let alone 5 in peak times, and the support / aftersales is extremely hit or miss, leaning to the latter.

Personally, I've been quite happy with their uncapped package, and was sceptical since I would've preferred a 1TB deal instead (not on a contract) but they've honoured their word in the T&C's.
With regards to my area, since there's only one tower, congestion does come in to play but it's nowhere near Rain levels of bad, and the routing choice from my location to international servers is quite bad when left alone, so if that's the case with anyone, trying out WARP+ or setting up a VPS in certain locations with Shadowsocks / V2ray can help drastically, and I've seen double speed increases to the 100's on a quiet day even on a B525 router.

Since this can be cancelled at anytime with no penalty, I'd definitely give it a shot. It would definitely work far better than almost all other LTE products statistically speaking and there's always a few things to try before ending the deal prematurely.
Definitely note, you're going to have to deal with customer support on occasion (mostly the tower lock glitch, where their systems believe you've changed location randomly and cuts you off) and a small headache in the beginning but afterwards it's smooth sailing.

Hope that helps somewhat!

Kavi P

**Update** I'm a gamer and play games regularly that connect to servers in EU. I ran some speed tests before I jumped online and got speeds of 20mb/s down (local) and thought that would hopefully be enough for me to have an ok online experience. First game I played was an absolute slideshow of a match so I figured that international traffic was being mismanaged/throttled. I didn't do any speed tests to international servers as I needed to call a relative overseas. I can't believe I'm actually saying this, in the year 2021, but Supersonics international traffic is being mismanaged/throttled to the point where it's not possible to experience a clear WHATSAPP VOICE CALL!!!!

I'm lost for words. I cannot believe this.

Crumbl0x

**Update** I'm a gamer and play games regularly that connect to servers in EU. I ran some speed tests before I jumped online and got speeds of 20mb/s down (local) and thought that would hopefully be enough for me to have an ok online experience. First game I played was an absolute slideshow of a match so I figured that international traffic was being mismanaged/throttled. I didn't do any speed tests to international servers as I needed to call a relative overseas. I can't believe I'm actually saying this, in the year 2021, but Supersonics international traffic is being mismanaged/throttled to the point where it's not possible to experience a clear WHATSAPP VOICE CALL!!!!

I'm lost for words. I cannot believe this.
100%, this also seems to be an issue with their fibre which is really upsetting. Workarounds exist but this shouldn't be necessary at all for these prices

TimBru14

I got their Black Friday uncapped F-LTE deal. Router arrived on the 29th. Already done 170 odd gigs since then. Download speeds vary anywhere between 20 meg down and 100 meg down depending on time of day and tower congestion.
Played a few games of CS:GO with it and got a constant 50ms to the server with no jumps in latency.

Crumbl0x

Do you still have to use their router ? or can I use my MikroTik
You can use any of the approved routers, including the Huawei B525, provided 612, and 618, so unfortunately not your model but at least you're not limited solely on their provided one if you have / want to get a superior one. (The B818 is still in limbo as to what is being rolled out as supported).

netstrider

Expert Member
You can use any of the approved routers, including the Huawei B525, provided 612, and 618, so unfortunately not your model but at least you're not limited solely on their provided one if you have / want to get a superior one. (The B818 is still in limbo as to what is being rolled out as supported).
MTN now works with the B818, but I doubt Supersonic does (or at least, doubt you can use your own router even if it is on the approved list, since they lock to tower).

Crumbl0x

MTN now works with the B818, but I doubt Supersonic does (or at least, doubt you can use your own router even if it is on the approved list, since they lock to tower).
Yeah starting to see the roll out now, pretty sweet.

Supersonic definitely supports your own router provided it's part of that list thankfully