Doesn't it irk you?

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Insert your Afrihost sim in your MiFi, connect to MiFi. Upon randomly checking mifi.afrihost.com 15 mins later; you're 763MB up.

C2.JPG

Darn being fast, and darn the resuming torrents...

scienide

Expert Member
And darn stupid Windows updates!!!!

*turned that crap off now*

FlashSA

Executive Member
That's the first thing you do when Windiws new, even before Antivirus :p No excuses.
I lost 1.5GB while watching a movie on my WIN8 laptop... it downloaded updates in the background...... I ALMOST smashed the thing!

RichardG

Honorary Master
I lost 1.5GB while watching a movie on my WIN8 laptop... it downloaded updates in the background...... I ALMOST smashed the thing!
Lmfao. Lucky you weren't on contract or else you would get a bill shocker.

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Idd,thank afrihost rather for the awesome clientzone monitoring and hardcap ;)

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Not even mid month, data depleted. Thanks to 3Mbps upload speeds.

Tander

Executive Member
One of the many reasons I stay the hell away from Windows as much as possible.
OS X doesn't force these updates by default. It tells you about them - you decided what to do with that info. Perfect.

Electric

Honorary Master
8ta data at 10mb runs out horrible fast.

Wait, is this the First World Problems thread?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
One of the many reasons I stay the hell away from Windows as much as possible.
OS X doesn't force these updates by default. It tells you about them - you decided what to do with that info. Perfect.
You can tell Windows how you want to do the updates. You do this on installation and can change it anytime.

Always select Notify but don't download option. This is the first thing I make sure of when installing Windows on new machines.

Keeper

Honorary Master
I don't ever download Windows updates and have never had a problem.
I don't bother with anti-virus bloatware either.

Then again I don't click suspicious exe's or visit dodgy websites...

Tander

Executive Member
You can tell Windows how you want to do the updates. You do this on installation and can change it anytime.

Always select Notify but don't download option. This is the first thing I make sure of when installing Windows on new machines.
Yeah - if you're the IT guy that's obvious. If you're Joe Blog and know nothing about Windows and buys a pre-configured system from a retail shop - you bet these updates are on by default.

What I am saying is if you buy an OS X system - updates are by notify first - then download if you want to. Even installing OS X - that is the default option.

Last edited: