Domain Transfer Away from Afrihost

Sysem

Expert Member
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked often, but I'm not even sure what to look for (here or Google...)

I'm not entirely happy with Afrihost as my host, so decided to my my new Wordpress site over to Digital Ocean. The migration is done, and I've successfully updated my DNS records to point my current domain name to my DO droplet.

Now that Afrihost is out, I'd like to cancel the hosting part, but keep the domain (or move it?) - what are my options on this? I'm assuming I can't just out right cancel my Afrihost package?

Thanks

chopsky

Expert Member
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked often, but I'm not even sure what to look for (here or Google...)

I'm not entirely happy with Afrihost as my host, so decided to my my new Wordpress site over to Digital Ocean. The migration is done, and I've successfully updated my DNS records to point my current domain name to my DO droplet.

Now that Afrihost is out, I'd like to cancel the hosting part, but keep the domain (or move it?) - what are my options on this? I'm assuming I can't just out right cancel my Afrihost package?

Thanks

Have you tried contacting Afrihost directly in this regard? They should be able to assist you in cancelling JUST the hosting package and keeping the domain. Alternatively, is there no means via the client zone of cancelling just the one without the other?
Once you've cancelled the hosting package, you are free to the move the domain to whatever host you like, or keep it with AH. Your choice.

Sysem

Expert Member
Have you tried contacting Afrihost directly in this regard? They should be able to assist you in cancelling JUST the hosting package and keeping the domain. Alternatively, is there no means via the client zone of cancelling just the one without the other?
Once you've cancelled the hosting package, you are free to the move the domain to whatever host you like, or keep it with AH. Your choice.

I had a look at ClientZone and found options to change package to Domain Pointing - but I'm not sure thats what I'm after. I plan on contacting them next week if I have to do it manually - just figured I'd ask here if theres a way to do it myself over the weekend (even if its just filling in form or whatever).