Doom Eternal

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
I stopped playing because of this. I didn't enjoy to go in with the chainsaw and the glory kills. The colorful spray of ammo coming out of enemies took me out of the experience completely. Weird that not more people found this odd.
Just plain stupid. Technicolour ammo spray in a game like this? Dafuq?

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
Just plain stupid. Technicolour ammo spray in a game like this? Dafuq?
and I quote myself :ROFL:

...the piñata color bombs. This isn't borderlands nor does an ejaculation of bright colors improve anything. In fact, it takes away from the setting/palette. It would be great if we had an ingame option to just turn it off or town it down (by a lot).

Iwojima

Expert Member
Just finished the campaign off last night. The Icon of Sin battle was really underwhelming...I mean I didn't mind the concept so much, but the respawning Blood Fist/Crucible charges made it ridiculously easy.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
A question for those who have actually purchased the title for PC. If you purchased the Standard Edition are you currently allowed to upgrade to the Deluxe Edition? I want to purchase the game, but I don't like half-baked goods.

Rockstar made it silly with Red Dead Redemption 2 so I am hoping that Bethesda is more open for the consumer.

Speaking off, I see if you already own Fallout 76 on Bethesda.net, and you link your Steam account before launch, that they will add the title for free to your Steam account. Obviously your inventory is still tied to you Bethesda.net account, but it is nice for the socials aspect in anticipation of Wastelanders.

Anyway, can anyone answer the question on Doom?

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
A question for those who have actually purchased the title for PC. If you purchased the Standard Edition are you currently allowed to upgrade to the Deluxe Edition? I want to purchase the game, but I don't like half-baked goods.

Rockstar made it silly with Red Dead Redemption 2 so I am hoping that Bethesda is more open for the consumer.

Speaking off, I see if you already own Fallout 76 on Bethesda.net, and you link your Steam account before launch, that they will add the title for free to your Steam account. Obviously your inventory is still tied to you Bethesda.net account, but it is nice for the socials aspect in anticipation of Wastelanders.

Anyway, can anyone answer the question on Doom?
No you can't at this stage. You would have to buy the pass separately.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
No you can't at this stage. You would have to buy the pass separately.
Thanks, I want to play something, but the Rand looks eternally doomed. I guess I can go with the Standard Edition and then acquire the DLC as it comes out :thumbsup:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I have just noticed that GOG Galaxy doesn't recognise Doom 64 from the Bethesda.net library when synchronised. I have seen it with other games as well.

Conack

Expert Member
The pinata effects are indeed silly. Should've gotten rid of that and the parkour, keep it dark and gritty, with violence, speed and momentum.
Also no demons that are immune to all sorts.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
play vampyr and then cry about combat being utter horseshit :ROFL: :ROFL:
There is a good reason why they added a story mode to that game. I don't think Doom Eternal is bad, but they changed the recipe and some people won't like the change, but others welcome the new challenge.

Say Cyberpunk 2077 is a disliked title and people say that Deus Ex is better, eek! Likewise with Bloodlines 2 not living up to the cult classic. Who knows, Star Citizen may be big-budget turned disappointed as many people won't even be able to see their patronage or it doesn't live up to the long-awaited expectation.

Nobody can keep everyone happy.

People need to respect opinion like these:

So I'm pretty close to the end of the game, playing on Ultra-violence and honestly, this game stopped being fun a good while ago.

This plays nothing like Doom (2016) and might as well be called anything but Doom. The only thing they kept was how the monsters look. The gameplay loop has you focus on weak points, for everything, this means you are constantly kiting every enemy while trying to farm the weaker ones. Battles become merry-go-rounds of the AI trying to follow you while you get pot shots off. It isn't fun and it leads to really uninteresting combat. In Doom (2016) you had to do extensive crowd management as the game threw loads of enemies at you at once. That isn't possible due to how you have to combat each and every single enemy in the game, so the core CORE part of modern Doom, that made it so good is gone.

After not too long it becomes tiresome having to constantly run around, picking up items, picking up health, chipping some health of and running away. This becomes especially egregious when coming up against boss battles, where they each have some sort of 'fun' mechanic in order to kill them. None of these are fun, they're just tiresome. The game really isn't hard either, it's just tiresome.

If you enjoyed Doom (2016), as I did, I don't think this is the game for you. I'm so disappointed that I can't imagine I'll be finishing Doom Eternal. What a waste. I'm really not sure what lead the design team for the game to totally change it up to this extent. It isn't fun.
There is a reason developers (and publishers) are trying their hand at revisioned remasters. People are nostalgic and they want to play those really good old games in modern times. Capcom have been killing it with Resident Evil, likewise with what Square Enix now want's to pull with Final Fantasy. Activision is busy rescuing CoD this way and many more are doing it this way, giving people what they missed, but with a modern take. The old way of doing remasters don't work. Blizzard failed with Warcraft, and EA is may misstep with Command & Conquer. Even Blade Runner is getting a revisioned remaster, from a fresh launch of the old game, well played EA.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
btw check out the IDKFA soundtrack addon by Andrew

'IDKFA By Andrew Hulshult This is a total music conversion mod for the original Doom. '

edit
of course, he has some d2 tracks as well e.g.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
it plays like a comic game man, this isnt doom i'm sorry the feel just isnt there.
Jim Sterling said that in his review, proving his point with the collectable plush toys, however, he thoroughly 'adored' the game.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
There is a good reason why they added a story mode to that game. I don't think Doom Eternal is bad, but they changed the recipe and some people won't like the change, but others welcome the new challenge.

Say Cyberpunk 2077 is a disliked title and people say that Deus Ex is better, eek! Likewise with Bloodlines 2 not living up to the cult classic. Who knows, Star Citizen may be big-budget turned disappointed as many people won't even be able to see their patronage or it doesn't live up to the long-awaited expectation.

Nobody can keep everyone happy.

People need to respect opinion like these:

There is a reason developers (and publishers) are trying their hand at revisioned remasters. People are nostalgic and they want to play those really good old games in modern times. Capcom have been killing it with Resident Evil, likewise with what Square Enix now want's to pull with Final Fantasy. Activision is busy rescuing CoD this way and many more are doing it this way, giving people what they missed, but with a modern take. The old way of doing remasters don't work. Blizzard failed with Warcraft, and EA is may misstep with Command & Conquer. Even Blade Runner is getting a revisioned remaster, from a fresh launch of the old game, well played EA.
I thought my review was reasonable.

But I think they could have done better with the last two bosses, both imho were more of the same (of each other) and the last one seriously lacked love and attention.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
it plays like a comic game man, this isnt doom i'm sorry the feel just isnt there.
Exactly what I got with my previous playthrough with doom 1 :unsure:

+brutal doom
+fast monsters
+idkfa music
+si6il (John Remereo's new doom wad)

end to end, and it was amazing.