Dowloading using torrents? You are being watched!

murraybiscuit

Executive Member
Well, what they should rather do is put their money into providing affordable digital services available to all, regardless of geography and platform and thereby earn the trust and good will of people who want their content and are willing to pay for it.

lexis

Besides the fact that evidence obtained illegally can't be used in a court of law, this raise serious questions of human rights infringements

Last edited:

grim

Expert Member
This is nothing new...

Known about this for years, stay away from public trackers.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Well, what they should rather do is put their money into providing affordable digital services available to all, regardless of geography and platform and thereby earn the trust and good will of people who want their content and are willing to pay for it.
I agree with you. I am willing to pay for what I watch.

I don't want to trundle off to the shop, only to find that the movie/series/whatever I want, is out of stock, and will only be available in a month's time/next year/whenevaaa.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Piracy is not a problem, it is a symptom of a problem.

I torrent a lot, and it's very easy to not expose your IP address.

Kayoss

And the truth, which they always seem to conveniently neglect, is that 99% of the content which has been illegally downloaded would not have been purchased otherwise. People download just for the sake of downloading.. Every pirated movie/song does not constitute a lost sale.

bmchunu

What he said

Thanks peerblock and protocol encryption :D
I am surprised that people being monitored made the news .. your ISP actually also monitors everything you do online ... Everything!

twhitehead

The interesting thing is that in order to monitor, they are probably joining the swarm and thus not only downloading the material themselves (and breaking the law in doing so), but also being monitored by other people. They cannot verify that the material is theirs unless they download it first, thus they are frequently downloading material belonging to other people and covered by copyright or they are just assuming the content belongs to them without verification.