DStv Mobile - the packaged deals will be here soon

IRVING

i wouldnt mind a normal cellphone package with free Dstv mobile on it...

mRsKu11

Sigh, this would have been perfect with my BB 9700 Bold with enews on it!
DANGnabit!

Grim147

even if this product was perfect , who on earth has the time to use it :confused: , tv time would be the time you at home anyway :p

Wall

Sports Addict
DStv Mobile - the packaged deals will be here soon

Gosh, I got excited for a moment. I misread that as " DStv - the packaged deals will be here soon" grrrrr should have known that's too good to be true.

Tim182

Expert Member
I wonder what the quality of the feed will be, ie if its watchable on a notebook

StrongTurd

Expert Member
The only reason that I'm remotely interested in DSTV is coverage of the major sports events on SuperSports but at R600 per month I can easily do without it. So I see that Nokia has got a DVB-H headset that would be capable of receiving this signal on my N8:

http://www.nokiaphones.net/mobile-tv-dvb-h-headset-for-nokia-n8-and-other-symbian3-devices/

Now the Nokia N8 has got an HDMI output that pumps out a very nice HD signal to a TV. Theoretically, then, it would be possible to use this setup to watch Supersport (and a few other garbage channels) on a big screen TV (albeit at 320x240) for 36 bucks a month. If the quality is passable and the signal ok then I would definitely not mind paying R36 per month for that.

sparticus

Expert Member
The only reason that I'm remotely interested in DSTV is coverage of the major sports events on SuperSports but at R600 per month I can easily do without it. So I see that Nokia has got a DVB-H headset that would be capable of receiving this signal on my N8:

http://www.nokiaphones.net/mobile-tv-dvb-h-headset-for-nokia-n8-and-other-symbian3-devices/

Now the Nokia N8 has got an HDMI output that pumps out a very nice HD signal to a TV. Theoretically, then, it would be possible to use this setup to watch Supersport (and a few other garbage channels) on a big screen TV (albeit at 320x240) for 36 bucks a month. If the quality is passable and the signal ok then I would definitely not mind paying R36 per month for that.

I highly doubt the quality would be watchable on a big screen with a 320x240 resolution. It is though very watchable on the fone itself , I watched a few games on it during the S14 this year and the quality was very good and watchable

sparticus

Expert Member
Off topic a little , is there a DBVH device one can buy for this ? Like a mobile stand alone device ? And if so will it be compatible with DSTV

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Yes. As long as you're in the coverage zone, and you have a DVB-H device, you'll be able watch the selected channels.

McGuywer

Executive Member
The take-up of the service is expected to be low initially, but Rayner explains that they have a very long term view with this service and that they will not be concerned if they don’t reach 100,000 subscribers in the first year.

I wouldn't think they will get that much in 3years...