Dstv Now and live TV not working on laptop: Error code 3011

Mojo32

Hi

For the past couple of days I'm unable to watch dstv live and catch up via my laptop. CHrome browser and Windows 7.

I keep getting the following error:

Sorry, we’re unable to play this video right now, please retry in a few minutes. Error code: 3011.

does anyone now how to fix this.

People at dstv clueless as every solution theyve given me doesnt seem to work.

This includes resetting adobe flash and making sure i have the latest version of chrome available.

I even downloaded firefox and same problem on there.

Anyone can assist please??

Wowbagga

i'm getting the same error. Also a DRM error trying to stream Supersport. advice welcomed

Wowbagga

After talking to DSTV support i was told they are 'looking into it" wtf. what a load of ****e. no interest. nice one DSTV.

RSanger

I have the same problem on laptop - was told to install chrome browser and last adobe flash player - same error message:
"Sorry, we’re unable to play this video right now, please retry in a few minutes. Error code: 3011."

Now i was told that they will reply in 48 hours time.

Strange i'm able to watch on my phone - without any problems.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
Problem ---> DSTV

Solution ---> Kodi.(for series and Movies) and alternative sport streaming sites like Crictfree.tv for sport streaming.

Acid0

Expert Member
Not wanting to start a complete new thread, but does someone have an idea what the following issue might be.

At the office I can view the streaming on DSTV NOW flawlessly on the ipad air2 but at home on the home WIFI it access the app and it starts the series but then it stops and responds with a erro message "Error there was an error playing the video. Please try again later" So I must assume it is to do with the wifi router at home that might not allow the streaming.

It is a DLink router does anybody know what settings I need to look at to access the streaming

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Getting video playback error constantly now. Then it works, then it doesnt. Bloody frustrating and it's F1 weekend

Grouter

Expert Member
Was getting same. Now it has just chucked me out altogether like I'm a nobody. Keeps telling me to upgrade to premium...

Just been to a friend who's having the same issue. I just want to watch the F1 tomorrow at 2pm. Please.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Widespread going by a good few friends. Such a good stream team they must have :crylaugh:

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Was getting error 1023 myself. Anyone know what that actually means? Only got it on one laptop though so not sure if its a device limit or something.

EDIT: Updated the codecs in Linux and looks like it's working now. Could be a coincidence, or not.

Last edited:

xbmcfan

Not wanting to start a complete new thread, but does someone have an idea what the following issue might be.

At the office I can view the streaming on DSTV NOW flawlessly on the ipad air2 but at home on the home WIFI it access the app and it starts the series but then it stops and responds with a erro message "Error there was an error playing the video. Please try again later" So I must assume it is to do with the wifi router at home that might not allow the streaming.

It is a DLink router does anybody know what settings I need to look at to access the streaming
I'm getting the same error message on a Nougat media player after exactly 13 minutes - ' "Error there was an error playing the video. Please try again later'
Did you find a way to solve it or anyone else know how to solve it?
It only happens on catchup content, Live TV plays great without any problem.

I also find the LiveTV picture a bit dark, can manually change the brightness on the tv but wonder if there is a better way.
Also no way to download any show with the AndroidTV version of DSTV Now, was it removed or is there a certain place to do it like in the non AndroidTV version?
I also find the buffering bad but everyone on Google Play also complains about it.

I know of several people that try to register on MC's forum but they get no reply email back and don't get approved, wonder if MC is blocking new user registrations on their forum so users can't complain, I think so?

Last edited:

Maryrose01

I have been having the same problem. When I first logged in online a year ago with my laptop DSTV was playing fine, then one day the video's just wouldn't play - just a black box. I have, however, discovered when I disconnect from my ADSL line and use my phone as a hotspot (Vodacom) then they play. So I'm thinking it might have something to do with my router, ADSL line or Telkom.