DSTV Now Device Removal/Unauthorized Device Adding

Sirus_the_virus

Hi All

Seems I have an issue. So the DSTV Now app seems to have a flaw as well or else I would not have an issue. If you have a device on their and want to remove it, you can. The problem comes in when that device comes back and you remove again. This happens over and over. The only way is for that device to be completely logged out.

But then this cannot happen. I tried changing my password, but does not work. I remove this specific device every 1 or 2 days for the last month already.

I have contacted DSTV via the live chat and they cannot assist unless I have the "ID" of the device which is a long 20+- character code, which I do not have because I am not in-front of this device.

So I need to ask has anybody else had this issue? This happens when you put it on temporarily somewhere to watch sport and forget it there. now that TV or device has access permanantly because they don't use your password to activate anymore, even if the device has been de-registered. If someone knows how to logout all devices from your dstv now account and have them re-register please let me know or I will have to change my entire DSTV account to solve this issue.

This person whomever it is has actually removed my other devices and added this TV again and I have no idea at all who it is.

Assistance would be truly helpful. Beware about doing this so you do not get stuck in this predicament.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Change your password again, and isn't there an option to log all devices out? Do that.

Sirus_the_virus

Wait, you were able to change the password but the device was added again even after a password change?
Yes correct. Your application stays logged in. If you don't delete it or logout manually it will always be able to register. It's a fault on the dstv app side or actually a feature they didn't add.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Yes correct. Your application stays logged in. If you don't delete it or logout manually it will always be able to register. It's a fault on the dstv app side or actually a feature they didn't add.
I get you, they need to make provision for a master device or something like that, as it is I can log on from any of my devices add and remove devices.

lindsza

I have the same problem, Stupidly shared my login with a friend to watch a rugby game and she gave it to her boss who connected up his whole house under my account. Every time ì disconnect his devices he just reconnects and won't stop. This is a major flaw in the DSTV system that if they set it up on the app logging into your account to confirm the pincode and never sign out they are never asked for the password so changing it is useless. Has anyone ever worked out a solution to these illegal connections?

Sirus_the_virus

So what I did was create a new dstv account with new email address and linked my account to that. It sorted itself out after a while because my old account can no longer view dstv.

What you should do out of spite is do not remove their devices but change the password. That way the old devices cannot be register onto another account lol.

lindsza

DSTV now is telling me there is no way I can delete my DSTV now account. They say they can link it to another email but that the old email will still have access to the account? this is madness!

namzsteve

Expert Member
I know even if you change your password, whoever is logged in will still have access

KennedyAfr

I thought I was the only one with this problem. I also borrowed my family's login to a friend who said he'd use it to watch a rugby final and then afterwards I noticed a lot of shows being watched which I don't watch. Multichoice also gave me the same tired advice (remove the device, change your password, change your email address) and I did all three and nothing. Interestingly it's easier to remove devices on ShowMax (which Multichoice owns) and to keep them off because I noticed that the moocher was also using my ShowMax account as well. I removed their two devices and noticed an immediate change.
But for some reason Multichoice refuses to beef up the security of their Dstv Now app. All I ask is for one device to be deemed a master device so that if I remove other devices I can keep them off. Is that too much to ask:mad:

KennedyAfr

So what I did was create a new dstv account with new email address and linked my account to that. It sorted itself out after a while because my old account can no longer view dstv.

What you should do out of spite is do not remove their devices but change the password. That way the old devices cannot be register onto another account lol.
Did you delete your previous account? I tried creating a new dstv account but when I tried re-registering for Dstv Now it said that the account was already linked to a Dstv account.

Sirus_the_virus

Did you delete your previous account? I tried creating a new dstv account but when I tried re-registering for Dstv Now it said that the account was already linked to a Dstv account.
I created a new profile, with new email address. Then had to link my dstv account to that.

Tag11

Does anyone know what happened to the DSTV Community Forums?
They previously were able to help with de-registering and re-registering Android devices - which I need to do again.

Tag11

It was closed down. It's meant to be replaced with a new one but nothing has happened in months.

Wow... that is really bad news... it was the one thing I thought the company did well!

So... anyone else know who I can contact for assistance then? Do they provide any support via these forums? I even tried their online chat facility - waited 30min with no response, and after 24hrs they have not emailed me or anything.

Marras_Frustrated

I have the very same problem - DSTV can not resolve this - I am struggling for months now to remove a user from my account - Changed passwords etc. so many times - nothing. I am very sure it is someone within DSTV who knows how to manipulate this and overrides any password or account - Live chat nothings helps - All they say or suggest is to change my password - Useless information - This must go out to the media. So pathetic

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
What's more pathetic is people not sticking it to DSTV and keep on getting themselves into this situation. But local is lekker :thumbsup:

namzsteve

Expert Member
I have the very same problem - DSTV can not resolve this - I am struggling for months now to remove a user from my account - Changed passwords etc. so many times - nothing. I am very sure it is someone within DSTV who knows how to manipulate this and overrides any password or account - Live chat nothings helps - All they say or suggest is to change my password - Useless information - This must go out to the media. So pathetic

Sharing my experience, I went to my friend's place once. I also gave him my parent's password and regretted it later, so at his place, he went to the bathroom, luckily we were not watching dstv, I opened the browser on the computer connected to his tv, logged on dstv now and pressed sign out. He noticed nothing, I arrived home that night and he called me asking if I can access dstv, simply told him I can't, I think my parents changed the password.

Cyris the Virus

Register a new account in your wife or partners name and just switch your account off... There is a way that unlimited users can use 1 DStv account without using a profile or register a device...