DStv system offline amidst strike

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
DStv system offline amidst strike

DStv subscribers continue to struggle with support because of system downtime, which may be aggravated by the MultiChoice strike which started today.

Users who are trying to access support via DStv’s traditional channels are being informed that the company’s service centre and call centre systems are down.

Rabobi

Executive Member
The chickens, they are coming home to roost. I hope they learn that they cannot simply rape people's finances at will and think it will always be ok

3WA

Executive Member
Users who are trying to access support via DStv’s traditional channels are being informed that the company’s service centre and call centre systems are down.
High risk move from people whose jobs are easily automated. If you go on strike, and no-one misses you, it can create problems for you.

Lupus

Honorary Master
The chickens, they are coming home to roost. I hope they learn that they cannot simply rape people's finances at will and think it will always be ok
How do they rape your finances at will? You either sign up with them or you don't? They don't come in the middle of the night and take your money without your authorization.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
People can strike like they want to but in the end, the worker will loose out. Take the Post Office as example. The people went on strikes and now we have no Post Office just about. There are more examples to proof that strike action is not the answer.

Rabobi

Executive Member
How do they rape your finances at will? You either sign up with them or you don't? They don't come in the middle of the night and take your money without your authorization.
Get over yourself. They monopolize sport, they rape customer's who have no alternatives. They retrench because they have to meet their stupid targets.

You bore me, welcome to the ignore list

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Funny. Based on all the DSTV "articles" I thought they were living it up :unsure:

I imagined the staff using R200 notes as TP.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Get over yourself. They monopolize sport, they rape customer's who have no alternatives. They retrench because they have to meet their stupid targets.

Monopolize sport? you mean pay for the rights to it?

Bad1

Multichoice made billions more last financial year but still decides to retrench staff, staff that need it the most and earn close to minimum wage, now this exactly how Zimbabwe was just before the economy collapsed, multichoice doesn't care about any of us, more people out of work equals more crime. Dstv premium has mostly minority subscribers, these are the people that carry multichoice and only few listened to Steve and cancelled. Private companies are entitled to massive profits but its up to us the consumer to get value for our money from these companies. Multichoice can make a considerable profit even if they fixed premium at R500 pm but it seems like premium subscribers dont mind getting raped as the same with cellular networks which are able to offer uncapped lte at less than R500 a month and turn a profit but choose not to because consumers are happy paying shareholders in other country's who live happy crime free corruption free lives, make private companies work for us is the only way we can save this economy from ending up like the rest of Africa which isn't far away R15, 30 to $1.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master

LOL.

Can I be on your list too, please?

AnnetteVH

thechamp

Honorary Master
Multichoice made billions more last financial year but still decides to retrench staff, staff that need it the most and earn close to minimum wage, now this exactly how Zimbabwe was just before the economy collapsed, multichoice doesn't care about any of us, more people out of work equals more crime. Dstv premium has mostly minority subscribers, these are the people that carry multichoice and only few listened to Steve and cancelled. Private companies are entitled to massive profits but its up to us the consumer to get value for our money from these companies. Multichoice can make a considerable profit even if they fixed premium at R500 pm but it seems like premium subscribers dont mind getting raped as the same with cellular networks which are able to offer uncapped lte at less than R500 a month and turn a profit but choose not to because consumers are happy paying shareholders in other country's who live happy crime free corruption free lives, make private companies work for us is the only way we can save this economy from ending up like the rest of Africa which isn't far away R15, 30 to $1.
Those who would be retrenched are mostly people of colour, I thought this would make you very happy?