DStv working on increasing streaming limits within households

The only sport I'm interested in is F1. Since I bought an F1 TV subscription, I never bother looking at DSTV sport streaming any more. I kicked it up to check a MotoGP race the other day and goodness gracious the quality was awful. Hurt my eyes.

What is your solution to ensure we are all streaming in one household Dstv?

Another “Heartbeat” cable that needs 10 splitters and an accredited installer to link my two kids iPads together?:ROFL:
No, no, must use a DSTV wifi dongle/device to allow streaming in a household. So that has the single signature and then as many household devices as you like can connect :ROFL:

• Haha
Reactions: Yuu
What is your solution to ensure we are all streaming in one household Dstv?

Another “Heartbeat” cable that needs 10 splitters and an accredited installer to link my two kids iPads together?:ROFL:
DSTV will send a technician to come type a password to sign you and your household in to your device and then watch you watch it, then he \ she \ they will log you out until next time.

I call BS on this whole stream limiting thing. In my house we have DSTV Now on 2 different Xiaomi media players and we have been able to stream 2 simultaneous streams without any issues since DSTV announced the stream limit. So either I've been really lucky and have somehow fallen through the cracks, or something else is going on.

• Wow
“It is unfair to content creators who invest a lot of money to create content.”

More like it's unfair to DStv ;)

But I'm sure coming soon - pay R99 for another stream or some other silly charge.

I call BS on this whole stream limiting thing. In my house we have DSTV Now on 2 different Xiaomi media players and we have been able to stream 2 simultaneous streams without any issues since DSTV announced the stream limit. So either I've been really lucky and have somehow fallen through the cracks, or something else is going on.
Their implementation is probably flawed for the same device on the same IP.

Can't they limit it to, say, 4 streams per IP address? then surely all users in the same household will be behind the same IP?
IP Address restrictions does not stop pirate streaming sites.

The second time I had to go downstairs to log out of the app on my tv so that I can watch something on my iPad in bed is when I canceled my subscription. Currently have all the content I need at a cheaper price by subscribing to proper streaming providers.

The second time I had to go downstairs to log out of the app on my tv so that I can watch something on my iPad in bed is when I canceled my subscription. Currently have all the content I need at a cheaper price by subscribing to proper streaming providers.

Which providers are you using?

Lies, he knows it's hurting them that's why they're looking into it again.

Dinosaurs just keeping on dinosauring....
These guys should wake up. Amazon, Disney etc. are going to steal their lunch. We really don't want one or two global behemoths controlling what we can watch.

“It is unfair to content creators who invest a lot of money to create content.”

Lol.. so DSTV making billions from advertising don't pay content creators?

• Wow
Back