Dulce Gusto thread

Daruk

Honorary Master
Nescafe Dulce Gusto compatible pods

Finally someone is doing compatible pods.
Maybe they've been around for some time and I've only noticed them now?
Pick n Pay near me have them

Unfortunately first experience wasn't good. I tried the Cafe Latte - it's the equivalent of the Nescafe Dulce Gusto Cafe au Lait. I found it to be more bitter and didn't enjoy it - basically instant coffee and milk powder. My first attempt had trouble breaking the seal inside and the coffee ended up spewing out the top of the capsule all over the counter top - not good.

I got Cappaccinos as well and will try one later today and report back. I have high hopes but may just be disappointed.

Also tried the Dulce gusto Cappuccino ice and was super impressed. Really really nice and caramel-ish.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
Agreed on the iced cap, its amazing. I buy as many boxes as I can when I see it in stores, because all my friends also love it. there are 6 of my close friends that have the same machines.

and if the Caffe latte is a one pod instead of 2 then you know there is something wrong.

could you mind posting a pic of the cuppacino when you make it?

Daruk

Honorary Master
Agreed on the iced cap, its amazing. I buy as many boxes as I can when I see it in stores, because all my friends also love it. there are 6 of my close friends that have the same machines.

and if the Caffe latte is a one pod instead of 2 then you know there is something wrong.

could you mind posting a pic of the cuppacino when you make it?
All the importers caps are 1 instead of 2. Will do the cuppacino pic shortly.
Since the Caffe latte is the same as the Cafe au Lait (original), it makes sense that it's 1 instead of two. It's really not a proper latte at all.

Daruk

Honorary Master
What's the price on those compatible ones ?
No different unfortunately, my thinking was try the ones that the equivalent original Nescafe only give you 8 cups per pack - if that works then it's a win, if not, it's a miserable fail. All signs point to a fail at the mo.

*EDIT*
The Cappuccino was 8 espresso + 8 milk - what confused me was the fact that the Latte had 16 singles in the box. It wasn't a latte, however. So the Cappuccino doesn't taste bad but it's not as good as the original.
So the honest verdict for me is don't buy.

Last edited:

Baxteen

Honorary Master
the reason the Originals are 2 pods is because of the difference in processing the milk in the second pod. the "coffee" pod is basically just an espresso, espresso intenso or Barista pod.

so I hate to break it to you, but your replacement cuppachino will also just be an au Lait.

Dan C

Honorary Master
No different unfortunately, my thinking was try the ones that the equivalent original Nescafe only give you 8 cups per pack - if that works then it's a win, if not, it's a miserable fail. All signs point to a fail at the mo.
Ok thanks. Busy experimenting with my refillable pods :)

Daruk

Honorary Master
IMG_1321.jpg

Unstirred cappuccino (done in the wrong order lol - their capsules are confusing)
That's a 250ml cup.

Daruk

Honorary Master
yay, more useless plastic for the landfills !!
yes yes, mother theresa :p
Please tell me you didn't send that from a computer - or mobile phone fuelled by Li-Ion battery built with Cobalt mined by children in the DRC!

Daruk

Honorary Master
Ok thanks. Busy experimenting with my refillable pods :)
+1 Absolutely loving my refillables. The fact that I know what's going into them and the fact that I love a good Americano / Espresso. Can't beat either of those using the refillables.
Nescafe might make money from me if they sold the milk capsules individually.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Got some Cappuccino Ice !! Bloody hell it's nice !!

Excuse low quality pic :p

yum yum.jpg