Easy Equities good or bad?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
What is the "Price update cost" when you click on sell ? Is that the "NOW" price when you sell ?

safejack

Hi

I am planning on closing my FNB share account but have some shares in there still, have not used the platform in about 6-7 months and get billed R83 per a month which i think is a waste of money i am thinking of moving my shares over to EE .

1. Has anyone done this before ?
2. Opinions and views on it

I have contacted FNB they sent me a form and advised its a once off fee of R100 to transfer to EE.
Can anyone confirm this as from experience on other on other products of them they end up speaking from their butts, some people know their things.

Thank you

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Hi

I am planning on closing my FNB share account but have some shares in there still, have not used the platform in about 6-7 months and get billed R83 per a month which i think is a waste of money i am thinking of moving my shares over to EE .

1. Has anyone done this before ?
2. Opinions and views on it

I have contacted FNB they sent me a form and advised its a once off fee of R100 to transfer to EE.
Can anyone confirm this as from experience on other on other products of them they end up speaking from their butts, some people know their things.

Thank you

I will pm you.

I was in that same boat for 6 years, got charged a monthly fee!

Got fedup and moved my TFSA from FNB to EE

frodob

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I received a message on the app indicating that there would be no more monthly fee on the account. I just had a look at the account, and no monthly fees have been charged for a few months now.

https://www.techafricanews.com/2020...hly-service-fees-on-tax-free-savings-account/

Thanks for that. I opted to move, last 8 months 35% growth on my tfsa with EE. The same ash midcap and top40 (is still in the red since Feb 2020).

and PS : Wait till you "sell" your EFT's (you will be in for a rude surprise @ FNB).

Wonder if they now can move EFT's without sell ?

Last edited:

Bincx

Anyone come across Foreign Dividend tax of 35% + an additional 5%.
I am aware of the 20%, but first time I see this...

CFR_Dividend.PNG

johnspake

So I created a new account on EasyEquities. To my disappointment I figured I cannot open a ZAR account as a non-South African. Does anyone know of any good alternatives that would allow me to do this?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Anyone ever seen that a fund in the demo account.... dividends are paid out into the “real” account...

brianphat2

I recently opened a account and bought only Tesla shares worth 20k, considering ETFs but no one has sold me like Elon has, plan on grabbing at least 15k worth each quarter going foward, going long though.

Bincx

Ok... sold ETF’s months ago! And got dividends for it now (thats the story)

It all depends on the timing. The dividends are declared well in advance and will clearly state a date on which you will be eligible for the dividend. So you may have sold the share/ETF, but it might have been after this date therefore you still eligible for the distribution.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
It all depends on the timing. The dividends are declared well in advance and will clearly state a date on which you will be eligible for the dividend. So you may have sold the share/ETF, but it might have been after this date therefore you still eligible for the distribution.

Yes, something like that

3WA

Honorary Master
Looks like they have snapshot prices now.

You have to ”buy” a snapshot price with EasyCredits, but it's cheap enough at two credits.

No indication of whether your whole order will get filled at a particular price or anything.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Looks like they have snapshot prices now.

You have to ”buy” a snapshot price with EasyCredits, but it's cheap enough at two credits.

No indication of whether your whole order will get filled at a particular price or anything.

I saw that too. Think you can “spot on” ... to see the exact amount you buying at...

Hope I am reading it right

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Guys ... can anyone get their TAX Certificate via the online portal ?

I see now all my TFSA investments are empty (lol).

So I need the info (to complete it manually)

Edit : I got it ... (eventually), under statements

Last edited: