Easy Equities good or bad?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Can't understand why EE can't provide this. It's a basic feature and not something advanced.
Because their target market is the layman who wants to press a button and have everything happen. Gawd, we're having this tired old conversation again.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
In keeping in line with our objective of making equity investing easily accessible, we as a company are becoming even more accessible! We'll be moving headquarters from Hyde Park, inching closer to central Johannesburg in Auckland Park.

Our new address is
16th Floor
25 Owl Street
Auckland Park
Johannesburg

Which will also be at the bottom of every mail communication you will receive from us, including this one!

Once we have completely settled in, by mid-June, you're more than welcome to pop in on a Friday to see our new space.
I'd be pissed as an employee. Not sure if they have in house developers but if they do...ouch

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Having to go to Auckland park for work? Why specifically devs though?

Anyway, I think they mostly use Entelect devs
Yeah, I think it's mostly Entelect aswell.

I'm a dev, they are a fintech company....dev work is the most important. Auckland Park/Braamfontein isn't really a great area to work in.

jman

Expert Member
Yeah, I think it's mostly Entelect aswell.

I'm a dev, they are a fintech company....dev work is the most important. Auckland Park/Braamfontein isn't really a great area to work in.
Fair point. You'd think they would move somewhere like Sandton or surrounds. But sounds like they want to be more 'accessible', hence the Auckland park choice (and probably because it's way cheaper :whistling:)

I'd be annoyed if I had to move there. Buuut, the Entelect devs would just have to do what they're told

Messugga

Honorary Master
Fair point. You'd think they would move somewhere like Sandton or surrounds. But sounds like they want to be more 'accessible', hence the Auckland park choice (and probably because it's way cheaper :whistling:)

I'd be annoyed if I had to move there. Buuut, the Entelect devs would just have to do what they're told
Hyde Park, where their head office is/was, is in Sandton's surrounds. They're less than a 10min drive from Sandton City. It's probably a move driven by cost. Office space in this neck of the woods is expensive.

jman

Expert Member
Hyde Park, where their head office is/was, is in Sandton's surrounds. They're less than a 10min drive from Sandton City. It's probably a move driven by cost. Office space in this neck of the woods is expensive.
Suppose it's a good thing for clients - their costs are kept low, hence they can keep their client's costs low and keep the business sustainable

jman

Expert Member
I put a few grand into iShares small cap eft couple months ago on my USD account. up 10% already. Although the rand is suffering right now, so not sure if now is the right time to buy into international stock.
EE mentions you can't get dollars back from your USD account, so how would one bring back the money?

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
EE mentions you can't get dollars back from your USD account, so how would one bring back the money?
You can, you just need to specify the bank account when you are ready to withdraw. This is different from the SA easy equities in that they have saved your bank details already.

jman

Expert Member
You can, you just need to specify the bank account when you are ready to withdraw. This is different from the SA easy equities in that they have saved your bank details already.
Ahh okay cool. Might be worth it then to buy some Vanguard ETF's then. Will have to do the math

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Ahh okay cool. Might be worth it then to buy some Vanguard ETF's then. Will have to do the math
A good number of the ETFs have such low fees (0.06%) compared to the cheapest SA ETFs (0.25%) its worth the cost to move the cash over if you are investing for a long while.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Although I am not sure why this is, but handy if you want to withdraw to a international account

jman

Expert Member
A good number of the ETFs have such low fees (0.06%) compared to the cheapest SA ETFs (0.25%) its worth the cost to move the cash over if you are investing for a long while.
You'd need to factor in the .2% that EE charges for the FX exchange

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
You'd need to factor in the .2% that EE charges for the FX exchange
Yip,

In the same you would need to factor in that when making a swift payment if you choose to use a normal bank payment. But over the long term, the up front 0.2% is well worth a reduction in the annual fees charged by international ETFs when compared to SA ETFs.