Easy Equities good or bad?

FraserBlade

I have been looking as well. Logged a ticket with them last night. Awaiting their response.
Dunno if you've received a response from them yet, but you log in, click on the "menu drop-down" (left, next to the Easy Equities logo), select "report" (at the bottom of the drop-down), then "Tax certificates" in the middle - click the "down arrow" to the right of that section and it will reveal your available certificates.

Hope that helps!

FraserBlade

TFSA - Net Return on Investment on IT3(s)

On your SARS return, there's section for Tax Free Investments, and I'm having trouble interpreting Easy Equities' IT3(s) - the tax certificate for TFSA. Do any of you perhaps know where I find/calculate the "Net Return on Investment - Profit (4239) and Loss (4240)?

I've lodged a ticket with them, but I'm finding their response time incredibly slow.

Last edited:

xumwun

Expert Member
On your SARS return, there's section for Tax Free Investments, and I'm having trouble interpreting Easy Equities' IT3(s) - the tax certificate for TFSA. Do any of you perhaps know where I find/calculate the "Net Return on Investment - Profit (4239) and Loss (4240)?

I've lodged a ticket with them, but I'm finding their response time incredibly slow.
Other platforms put sars codes on their certificates. EE really needs to do this as well.

Tax statements there - soon to be replaced with new format with Tax codes

I have been looking as well. Logged a ticket with them last night. Awaiting their response.
Both ITB3(b) and (c) are currently available in Investment accounts and ITB3(s) in TFSA accounts.

These statements are about to be replaced with a newer format containing SARS tax codes to make your e-filing even easier. Clients asked for these and we've worked really hard in the last few weeks to update them.

That 'replacement' of old format with new should take place later today.

There are unfortunately about 1,000 client accounts whose statements we haven't been able to reconcile and as a result there are no statements as yet. Our static data department are working on it daily and have committed to having those accounts reconciled by 31 July.

Justin
Head of Client Engagement

FraserBlade

Both ITB3(b) and (c) are currently available in Investment accounts and ITB3(s) in TFSA accounts.

These statements are about to be replaced with a newer format containing SARS tax codes to make your e-filing even easier. Clients asked for these and we've worked really hard in the last few weeks to update them.

That 'replacement' of old format with new should take place later today.

There are unfortunately about 1,000 client accounts whose statements we haven't been able to reconcile and as a result there are no statements as yet. Our static data department are working on it daily and have committed to having those accounts reconciled by 31 July.

Justin
Head of Client Engagement
Hey Justin. Thank you very much for the feedback. I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones whose IT3(s) hasn't been updated yet, so I'm looking forward to having it at the end of the month and getting my return filed. Appreciate the work. :)

Ianvn

Dunno if you've received a response from them yet, but you log in, click on the "menu drop-down" (left, next to the Easy Equities logo), select "report" (at the bottom of the drop-down), then "Tax certificates" in the middle - click the "down arrow" to the right of that section and it will reveal your available certificates.

Hope that helps!

I managed to get mine.
2 days after I logged the ticket the certificate was on my account. Didn't receive any feedback on my ticket. I was just taking a chance to see if it was there.

Had to log another ticket because only my "trading" account's certificate was there. There was nothing for my TFSA.
This was also resolved 2 days later without any communication.

mrichard

Hi all,

Looking to open an Easy Equities account so I can deposit a monthly R2750 for my tax free savings.

I am looking to diversify into mainly international equities, my last two years of tax free savings were simply tossed at the Ashburton Top 40 via FNB.

Any recommendations for ETF's or other option I can split my R2750 into monthly? Won't hold anyone accountable for financial advice.

Looking to build up my tax free portfolio over the next 15 years, so plainly long term growth, no intention of withdrawing the money.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I’ve followed JustOneLap’s simple principles of...

PTXTEN - 20%
CSEW40 - 40%
SYGWD - 40%

And it’s easy to manage and works very well in my book for a longer term view.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Hi all,

Looking to open an Easy Equities account so I can deposit a monthly R2750 for my tax free savings.

I am looking to diversify into mainly international equities, my last two years of tax free savings were simply tossed at the Ashburton Top 40 via FNB.

Any recommendations for ETF's or other option I can split my R2750 into monthly? Won't hold anyone accountable for financial advice.

Looking to build up my tax free portfolio over the next 15 years, so plainly long term growth, no intention of withdrawing the money.
They have baskets you can look at. Not sure how much more simple you want it to be??????

https://platform.easyequities.co.za/Bundle/Details/197

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Hi all,

ASHGEQ ... if you want one ETF that invests in everything.

STXWDM + STXNDQ... gives you the developed world and NASDAQ100. I'm slowly whittling down my CTOP50 and moving all of it into these as well. My RA, Pension and home has given me more than enough SA exposure. TFSA I'm taking all "offshore".

FraserBlade

If you see my post below, you'll see that we have added the SARS codes. Those updated statements should be up later today.
Hi Justin. I was able to download an IT3(s) with some codes on it but not all. We're still missing 4239 and 4240 for the TFI section on the SARS return. For reference:

TFSA Net Return on Investment - Profit (4239)
TFSA Net Return on Investment - Loss (4240)

These are not indicated on the IT3(s) at all. Would you be able to advise?

Will investigate those additional codes

Hi Justin. I was able to download an IT3(s) with some codes on it but not all. We're still missing 4239 and 4240 for the TFI section on the SARS return. For reference:

TFSA Net Return on Investment - Profit (4239)
TFSA Net Return on Investment - Loss (4240)

These are not indicated on the IT3(s) at all. Would you be able to advise?
Will certainly investigate those additional codes for you and come back to you with feedback.

Please bear with me. May take a day or two to consult with our statement team.

mrichard

I came up with this split into ETFs for my monthly Tax Free Savings distribution:

20% - Sygnia Global Property
30% - Satrix MSCI Emerging Markets
50% - Sygnia S&P 500

Any comments welcome and appreciated.

My goal is just long term growth 15+ years. I do not plan on withdrawing the money any time soon. However this will probably be the only investment/savings I make each month for the next 4 years until I pay off my apartment loan. R10k per month goes towards my loan. After 4 years I will be investing the 10k elsewhere. For reference, I am in my late 20s, been working for 3 years now.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
I came up with this split into ETFs for my monthly Tax Free Savings distribution:

20% - Sygnia Global Property
30% - Satrix MSCI Emerging Markets
50% - Sygnia S&P 500

Any comments welcome and appreciated.

My goal is just long term growth 15+ years. I do not plan on withdrawing the money any time soon. However this will probably be the only investment/savings I make each month for the next 4 years until I pay off my apartment loan. R10k per month goes towards my loan. After 4 years I will be investing the 10k elsewhere. For reference, I am in my late 20s, been working for 3 years now.
Core Shares has a S&P 500 product as well but with a lower fee.