Easy Equities good or bad?

Tinuva

The Magician
Its just a license code that expired. I am sure their devs/sysadmins will learn very quickly to start monitoring that now that this has happened!

FraserBlade

Will investigate those additional codes

Will certainly investigate those additional codes for you and come back to you with feedback.

Please bear with me. May take a day or two to consult with our statement team.
Hi Justin (or any Easy Equities help staff following this thread):

So what is the feedback on this, because I've now been onto your guys since 12th of June. I have a ticket that was closed (when you posted the new Tax Certificates with some codes - but not all) and I've replied to say the issue is not resolved via helpme@easyequities.co.za )

I honestly don't know what more to do - the lack of customer support is starting to really making me doubt whether moving to EE was a good choice at all. I've had no other issues with any other provider re: tax codes. EE is literally the only provider with missing codes that I need to complete my tax return. Why must it take so long to have this resolved? You said a couple of days ... how about a couple of weeks, or months even if you go back to when this ticket was created?

Sorry to be blunt, but if your statements dept. can't help me, please say so and I'll make another plan - but don't commit to a reply where none is forthcoming. That's just being dishonest. I will give it a week then I'll phone in. Failing that, I will reconsider using your platform in the future.

I don't see much point in the Thrive thing unless you're trying to use it as a trading account. The brokerage fees are so low anyway that for us debit-order investors, it isn't worth jumping through hoops or investing in things you don't really want to (like Emperor bundles or Purple Group shares).

kota

I see they are now powering a platform for Satrix called Satrixnow, so I suppose they can't be that bad, anyone using Satrixnow??

I see they are now powering a platform for Satrix called Satrixnow, so I suppose they can't be that bad, anyone using Satrixnow??

Been with Easy Equities for about 6 months now. Received the following email from then this morning.

" You may have noticed that you received dividends that were to be re-invested in your EasyEquities account for Satrix RAFI on 19th September, 2018.
Due to technical issues, we were only able to process the debit and re-investment on your account in the following month, 19 October 2018.
As a result of this delayed action, you may have noticed your account sitting on a negative value. In order for you to restore your account to a positive value, you will need to either:

• Sell some of the holdings in your portfolio, or
  • Fund your account
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. "

Why should I pay for their stuff up. I am now having concerns being on this platform. Planning on going back to Satrix or another platform.

jman

Expert Member
Been with Easy Equities for about 6 months now. Received the following email from then this morning.

" You may have noticed that you received dividends that were to be re-invested in your EasyEquities account for Satrix RAFI on 19th September, 2018.
Due to technical issues, we were only able to process the debit and re-investment on your account in the following month, 19 October 2018.
As a result of this delayed action, you may have noticed your account sitting on a negative value. In order for you to restore your account to a positive value, you will need to either:

• Fund your account

Why should I pay for their stuff up. I am now having concerns being on this platform. Planning on going back to Satrix or another platform.
This happened to me about a year ago. It was with a bundle that I had purchased, and they added an extra 0 to one of the holdings or something like that. I sold the whole bundle, and a couple months later my account was sitting in a negative value. I was pretty annoyed

Hamster

Resident Rodent

• Fund your account

Oh look.... another technical ****up by EE. They keep on doing this year after year. For all the good they are doing they are a bunch of clowns.

I've got a "score chart" of their issues somewhere on the forum.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I've been contemplating moving my TFSA away from EE but never do it because of their fees and the variety of ETFs available (STXNDQ for example). At one stage I wanted to move it to Allan Gray but they do not accept incoming TFSA moves just yet.

I have been using CoreShare's platform and haven't had any issue yet (regular ETF account). Platform works nice, simple and the UI is more clever IMO. Might be worth moving my TFSA to them as well...

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
I have steered clear from EE. The only thing I've invested was a R50 voucher. The platform as a whole came across as unprofessional.

kota

• Fund your account

Thanks for the heads up! I think I will rather try to find some other platforms to be safe!

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Something very fishy / funny

So I bought some shares via the demo app (currently playing with the system)

Share X closed yesterday on 19c. For today, no change what so ever, but the buying price per share was 22c (as I bought a few) to see what the result would be

Does that sound right ?

frodob

Something very fishy / funny

So I bought some shares via the demo app (currently playing with the system)

Share X closed yesterday on 19c. For today, no change what so ever, but the buying price per share was 22c (as I bought a few) to see what the result would be

Does that sound right ?
Share pricing is explained on the EE website. Always check the current Offer Price before buying as you can lose quite a bit on your initial purchase.

Trades are executed at the live price on the underlying exchange at the time your order is received, as a result the price that you invest at may differ from the price displayed. Further to this you are buying at the Offer Price which is the price at which sellers are currently prepared to sell.

The difference between all three prices quoted is an indication of the current interest investors have in this share. The bigger the difference between the prices, the smaller the interest/liquidity in the share i.e. there are limited buyers and sellers of this share. Investors should be cautious when buying or selling shares with lower liquidity.