acid_i3urn

Hi guys

I am a new home owner and first time buyer.
I need to get an electric fence put up on my front wall.

Can someone recommend me places that will do a good job and for a reasonable price, I don't really want to get ripped off.
Or if someone does this for a living, can you please let me know so I can get a quote.

Thanks

JibbersCrabst

Can vouch for Gido. Did a great job at my place. Sort of a pay-for-what-you-get situation.

Neuk_

Executive Member
Step Ahead Security did our electric fence and alarm installation.

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
BUMP: Any other companies worth recommending or that did good installation at your home...?

acid_i3urn

I did not use a big well known company. I found a small family business that has been doing electric fences for over 10 years.

He quoted me less than half the price that Gido quoted for my electric fence on my wall. Never had a day of trouble and also he is available to help you when you have issues. It comes with 2 year warranty as well if you need to know. Has all the qualifications, certificates and what not.

You can pm me if you want his details.
Saved me a lot of money and also supporting smaller businesses also helps as they take care of their clients post installation.

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
I did not use a big well known company. I found a small family business that has been doing electric fences for over 10 years.

He quoted me less than half the price that Gido quoted for my electric fence on my wall. Never had a day of trouble and also he is available to help you when you have issues. It comes with 2 year warranty as well if you need to know. Has all the qualifications, certificates and what not.

You can pm me if you want his details.
Saved me a lot of money and also supporting smaller businesses also helps as they take care of their clients post installation.
Great. Have sent you a PM. Funny when you drive around now you have a look at all the other installations and how much it varies from one to another.

Tokolosk

@Zenbaas is that for Cape Town? Can you PM me the details too?

I used Voltage and was not very happy with their work and after their annual service will not be using them again. Looking for another company.

biometrics

Honorary Master

Tokolosk

VoltageSA?

Yes, VoltageSA.

To be fair, their general work was good quality and they were always on time. Their technicians are polite and respectful of your property.

My two issues with them were:
* Twice I had to argue with them about glaring issues in the layout of the fence - it was EASY to bypass the fence. As easy as walking over the fence sections in question. Not only did I have to point it out but they were defensive about it.
* Low cost for initial install but VERY high cost in comparison for any work after that.

SeanieSean

Hi guys

I am a new home owner and first time buyer.
I need to get an electric fence put up on my front wall.

Can someone recommend me places that will do a good job and for a reasonable price, I don't really want to get ripped off.
Or if someone does this for a living, can you please let me know so I can get a quote.

Thanks
If your based in CT I've used Voltage electric fence company on all my properties. They're well priced and punctual.
Their call outs for a breakdown is slightly high think in region of R500 or R600.
I have tried other companies to come do maintenance on my fence but to save R50 and get the worst service I'll rather pay a little more and get exceptional service. But that's just my 2 cents. No pun intended.
Goodluck

SeanieSean

Yes, VoltageSA.

To be fair, their general work was good quality and they were always on time. Their technicians are polite and respectful of your property.

My two issues with them were:
* Twice I had to argue with them about glaring issues in the layout of the fence - it was EASY to bypass the fence. As easy as walking over the fence sections in question. Not only did I have to point it out but they were defensive about it.
* Low cost for initial install but VERY high cost in comparison for any work after that.
Agreed. Maintenance call out slightly high. But brilliant service.
I've tried a few other brands. But shocking experiences and that's with reputable guys. 1 brand even mentioned in above thread, starts with a L.
Voltage not perfect but the best I've used in CT on various properties of mine.
At the end of the day the old saying is pretty spot on. You get what you pay for!

Espee

Has anyone used EFI (Electric Fence Installers) in Cape Town. They have great Google reviews, but would like to get hear from you guys.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Has anyone used EFI (Electric Fence Installers) in Cape Town. They have great Google reviews, but would like to get hear from you guys.

i am always wary of good reviews, usually they are requested. people don't generally go out of their way to praise people.

Smokey mcpot

Expert Member
I do electric fence but most times refer customers to a different suppliers to save on costs. I normally recommend Peri-secure for good pricing and service.
Yes I know I send business away, but normally I’m already busy doing work at there place. They’re always grateful that I save them a buck and 9/10 times end up spending their savings by using me for other services.