Engineer hacks together the first USB-C iPhone

They will probably try nail him for reverse engineering their hardware.

This is pretty cool, considering that the EU want a common charging standard across mobile devices.

Apple doesn't play nice when you mess with their hardware, even when you own it. I'm sure they already have usb-c prototypes in the lab, the lightning connector a control issue and not a technical issue.

This is pretty cool, considering that the EU want a common charging standard across mobile devices.
its called WIRELESS charging and its already a standard across many many phones. I hope Apple ditches the plug at the bottom altogether it really serves no purpose. I think i've used mine once ever.

But whatever Apple goes along with so will I, as i'm not in the business of making phones to suddenly be a subject expert. They know best.

its called WIRELESS charging and its already a standard across many many phones. I hope Apple ditches the plug at the bottom altogether it really serves no purpose. I think i've used mine once ever.

But whatever Apple goes along with so will I, as i'm not in the business of making phones to suddenly be a subject expert. They know best.

and for phones that do not support WIRELESS charging?

Wireless charging is useful but one of the major benefits of USB-C is the 10 gigabit transfer speed. Transferring large files, like 4K videos, over wifi or lightning can take very long.

Back