Ninja_Theory

Anyone playing EFT by Battelstate? I'm hearing good things in general and the devs seem to be giving it plenty of love.

2019 roadmap:

Next update - next big fix and optimization iteration
Bugfixing (which lead to almost all the problems in the game - gameplay, network, performance)
Sound positioning fixes and rework
Ongoing freezes and stuttering fixes (which caused by grass rendering for example)
Optimizations (optics (“picture in picture”), optimization of vegetation, special optimizations on video card, optimization of RAM)
Balance tweaks (weapon mods balancing, gear parameters changes)
Various QoL improvements
Other fixes that you can tell us about in special topics created (https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/forum/108-support/)

Additional important things that we did not have in time in 0.11, which will be added as soon as possible
Character clothing customization
Key-cards functionality on Labs and other location
New type of exfils on current locations
SVD rifle
New trader - Jaeger. Possibly, he will trade lost uninsured items on the last level of loyalty
Field surgical kit (it will fix blacked body parts)
New 3-rd person character animations and optimizations
New anti-aliasing
Weapon preset builds and the ability to buy and assemble them quickly

Patch 0.12 - the Hideout

The process of escaping from Tarkov is not as rapid as it seems in reality. A character needs to settle down in order to gain strength, to store the found supplies, equipment and weapons. In other words, regroup to perform the main task in the game.
The player begins the construction and organization of the Hideout from scratch - initially it imagines an abandoned and cluttered bomb shelter without any means of life support. Consistently building and improving Hideout modules, such as a generator, a water collection system, ventilation, a medblock, a intelligence center, heating, a bathroom, and many others, your character improves his various characteristics, such as off-raid regeneration of health, hydration and energy. The player also receives special opportunities for the production of medicines, ammunition and other items for various resources. Improvements to the intelligence center provide new opportunities for working with merchants and Scavs and much more.

Visual enhancement patch (with Unity 2018 upgrade)

Old maps overhaul
Vegetation rework
Screenspace effects rework and optimization
General graphics optimization

New locations updates
The closest one - Military Base
Working stationary weapons

New bosses updates

Each location will have a boss (and some location will have even two)
The closest new boss is the leader of Woods Scavs “Kojaniy”, which you have already seen on the EFT artwork with Scav
New PvE groups - UN troops, cultists, boss guards and others

Updates with introduction of big storyline quests

They will shed light on the events in Tarkov and immerse you in the plot.

Other interesting features in the next updates

Metric (graphics) in the flea market, the inclusion of corrected dynamic prices
Item global pool introduction (test of the global “depleting” economy)
Offline mode improvements - cinematic mode, pve mode for playing with friends
Inventory system changes (autosorting, usability improvement)
Daily tasks
Compasses and binoculars
Mines and tripwires
New weapon mechanics and abilities to control your character
Many others
These are the main plans for 2019. We will do our best to make all this a reality for you. We also note that the start of open beta testing is not far off.

But the most important thing we want to tell you is how we thank you for your support. It was a difficult year. Escape from Tarkov is our life and we will do everything to make our dream game for you. And when we see that our work finds a response in your hearts, we understand that we are doing all this for good reason.

Next year will continue to be as open as possible for your suggestions. If you have something to say on any occasion related to the game - write to us, and, we promise, you will be heard. We want to emphasize that we are not against adequate criticism, not against practical advice and assistance in any matter - this is the difficult and many-sided journey of creating Escape from Tarkov with you for the first time for us.

I personally want to thank my guys from Battlestate. To say that you are the best is to say nothing. This kind of dedication, I have not seen and never felt. I am nobody without you - thank you very much!

I also want to thank our team of community managers, emissaries, support team and everyone who works with us, sometimes in incredible conditions. Knowing that there are such people, life becomes calmer.

So where do without you, dear EFT community - loving us with all heart and ruthless at the same time Thank you for your opinions, for your desire to see the game better and for your confidence in us.

Happy New Year!

“Happiness for all, for free, and let no one leave offended!”

Bobbin

Executive Member
I've been playing since 0.8 IIRC but the latest patch is by far the most well received. All popular FPS twitch streamers and youtubers are climbing on it now. It's a fantastic game, one of my current favorites despite it still being in testing phase. If you're into hardcore shooters you are an idiot to miss this one :p

Another game I play fairly often is Squad.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Any Mybroadband members playing this? I am interested in purchasing the game, want to know how well and alive the SA community is...

DYreX146

Any Mybroadband members playing this? I am interested in purchasing the game, want to know how well and alive the SA community is...
Well there's not that many SA players but I did once see a guy in the lobby with ZA at the end of his name. Either way there will never be enough players for them to bring SA servers though.

MeNeZ

Expert Member
How often is this game on special? I just saw a post on FB that theyre rolling out servers to SA.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
How often is this game on special? I just saw a post on FB that theyre rolling out servers to SA.
They mark the Standard Edition down at times and they usually cut it by 25%. I have never seen the other editions discounted.

I believe they have a quarterly discount, don't know.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Sucks that it's not on steam.
Does the game have it's own launcher?

Not keen on adding yet another separate launcher just for one game.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Yes, they have their own launcher and ecosystem. They will never integrate with Steamworks. The day it becomes available in places like Steam and Epic, it will still require to launch through it's own launcher.

DYreX146

The lowest I saw it go for was 30% off, which was on Black Friday a few months ago. Also remember that if you buy the game, you can't get a refund if you don't like it (which is kinda illegal but that's how they do business).

StoneCold

Expert Member
I'm having a lot of fun with JustEmuTarkov (JET):

What JET basically allows you to do is to play the game offline without connecting to the official servers. Before anyone asks, no, it doesn't allow you to play multiplayer offline with friends over LAN (yet). They are looking into maybe adding coop support as the page suggests, but no online support (for legal implications of course).

It still is a lot of fun as the game world is filled with bots and raids is playable just like they are online. In the latest release they also managed to get trading working along with quests. It's basically emulating the entire experience 100% offline without any issues really. They are also going to add mod support as well.

There are two accounts to login with offline, the dev account has everything unlocked, while the second one is like your standard edition account with only the basics. You can also tweak the amount of cash you start off with etc. If you wanted to check out the game and see if it's for you or you don't want to spend the $44 just yet before we get local servers, then you've got nothing to lose.

Visit the discord channel for all the necessary files and downloads.

Also, if you already own the game, don't use it on your installation as that will obviously not allow you to connect to official servers any more or get you banned. Just make a copy of your game and then add the files to that :)

PS: If anyone has questions or need help getting it to run, feel free to drop me a PM.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member

You double click the shortcut on your desktop, and then click the play button.
It works the same as games like Stellaris which pops up it's own "launcher" when you run it, even from steam.

animal531

Expert Member
I'm having a lot of fun with JustEmuTarkov (JET):

What JET basically allows you to do is to play the game offline without connecting to the official servers. Before anyone asks, no, it doesn't allow you to play multiplayer offline with friends over LAN (yet). They are looking into maybe adding coop support as the page suggests, but no online support (for legal implications of course).
PS: If anyone has questions or need help getting it to run, feel free to drop me a PM.

That's pretty cool, maybe if we don't get local servers then in the future we can get some kind of local coop with your friends thing.

flamevector

I've been playing it at a latency of around 180ms, really not running into any issues though. there hasn't been a time where I thought that I should have made that shot or it felt like I was being hit without actually being shot at.

Itsa Trap

Expert Member
I am by no means an FPS player, but this game popped up on my YT from a guy that I watched for his Star Citizen stuff. From his review I gather you have to be a focussed type individual to get anywhere in this game, it is not for the casual type FPS players.

But I found it oddly interesting, so I was thinking of trying it out.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I am by no means an FPS player, but this game popped up on my YT from a guy that I watched for his Star Citizen stuff. From his review I gather you have to be a focussed type individual to get anywhere in this game, it is not for the casual type FPS players.

But I found it oddly interesting, so I was thinking of trying it out.

People can spin it how they like, but EFT is a Battle Royale with unique mechanics and the most unique mechanic is that the game has an economy which you as the player is responsible over.

:thumbsup:

GasCanZa

The game is amazing and with 180 ping you barely feel lag. Trust me if you buy the cheap version you would want to upgrade to the edge of darkness in a couple of days. They've announced that we are getting SA servers on Twitter. Add me if you want to squad up. TheJackalZA

DarkSt0rm

The game is amazing and with 180 ping you barely feel lag. Trust me if you buy the cheap version you would want to upgrade to the edge of darkness in a couple of days. They've announced that we are getting SA servers on Twitter. Add me if you want to squad up. TheJackalZA
Wait what... Source?