Escape from Tarkov | Battlestate

Bobbin

Executive Member
I've played all Stalker games several times and this game is not like it at all.
I also do not see the 'inspired' bit.

Chernobylite is a Stalker inspired game.
Not this.
Oh my bad, apparently its a fairly common rumor that was debunked. There's one former Stalker developer at Battlestate but that's it.

source: https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/support/knowledge/27

I can only speculate that the rumor started due to the similar looking dilapidated Russian industrial environment (less the monsters and anomalies etc..), factions and weapons but who knows. Not even sure where I heard it from, but clearly the rumor was common enough that they had to make a post about it :)

Bobbin

Executive Member
Am I right in thinking that to play the Beta one has to pre-purchase the game?
Are the higher tier options worth the extra cost? Is a larger backpack that valuable?
I play on a standard account. I just sell most things I loot. I consider the traders and flea market to be my stash at a premium :p Smaller stash doesn't bug me much, plus it can be upgraded in the hideout (though not easily, takes some work and progress). Smaller alpha container also doesn't bug me much. I use it to keep my keys safe (carry a key ring or two) and maybe some meds.

You can also get specialty containers that extend your stash space, though can only contain certain item types. i.e. Weapons Case, Ammo Box, Lucky Scav Container (Junkbox basically, but some junk is valuable)