Eskom blackout hoax

durbandave

Yes they are very committed to it at the highest level when both number 1 and number 2 are in Lesotho sorting out another countries problems, instead of the problems in our country.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Not that I think it would happen right now...but you gotta take it from who it comes:

"We are actively fighting and weeding out corruption" -your loving government.
"We do not have an electricity problem" -your caring government
"We are doing everything in our power to (insert some service delivery department)" -your understanding government
"Jay Zee has done nothing wrong and can't be blamed for nkandla" -your supportive government
"This eskom message going around is a hoax" -your hardworking government

Well poke me with a hot iron and call me Bernie, but I swallow a pot of salt when those gums start flapping.

kolakidd

So this was a hoax? http://www.citypress.co.za/news/cabinet-hears-doom/ ... Quite an elaborate hoax.

Considering our governments past history (or lack thereof) at handling a crisis, this particular part of the article did concern me:
Last year, when City Press visited Eskom’s National Control Centre, manager Al’louise van Deventer (pictured) said it was critical officials at the centre never took their eyes off the grid – even a second of negligence could prove costly.

With so little spare electricity available, employees couldn’t even slip away for a bathroom break – they had to ask one of their colleagues to fill in for them and watch their controls. To prevent a catastrophe, Van Deventer’s technicians had to be on the ball as well.

“We look at employees when they check in and make sure they are [well grounded],” said Van Deventer during our visit to the centre last August.

well grounded... no pun intended.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Its a hoax ? Then why do we have this load shedding ?

Please share this magical technology you have that will prevent a failing grid from collapsing. The world needs this !

Willie Hartzenberg

FIX THE Problem why WAITING, Its Looking There working People Whit out No Skills only Labours , General workers

Petec

Expert Member
Yay! If the Ayencee says it's so, then who are us mere plebs to argue?

Willie Hartzenberg

ESKOM cant Fix the Problem , I was in KRUGER I Must Sort EVERY MAINTENACE out EVERY Problem Building or Electrical , SOME ONE DO NOTHING about the JOB ESKOM