Eugene Terblanche the "prophet" (and racist)

Again absolute bollocks... You clearly don't travel around much if things haven't changed significantly in the last 20 years...

Have they changed nearly as significantly as they did in the last 100 years? What of proper or global significance has been built in the last 20 that overshadows the last 100? Or at least compares.
 
Ah yes Eugene of AWB fame.

Always cracked me up everytime Etv run an article on him they showed the video clip of him falling off his horse.

You would be my hero if you could give me a link to this. That's my only reason for coming into this thread. I want to post the video every time somebody makes ET out to be some kind of messiah or prophet or whatever. I remember seeing this on TV but can't find the video.
 
While most of the world was rebuilding improving there population what was SA doing? ****ing around with race laws creating more unskilled labour but hey it was a great job obviously.
Yea, then we spent the next 25 years borking the economy so badly that we had no jobs for all that labour. The former part was Apartheid's fault, the latter wasn't.

We're slipping backwards as a country, not advancing forwards. Just look at what is happening to Eskom. We could once provide cheap electricity to our country, now we can't. That didn't happen under Apartheid, that failure happened under our new democracy.

The situation our country is in now cannot be laid solely at the feet of Apartheid and it can definitely not be laid at my feet. I didn't vote for the Apartheid government and I didn't vote for this new fsck up of a government.
 
Being denied employment yes, issues in the current work space because of those hired in favor yes. Lost friends at school due to farm murders yes, only one but the number in the area is a lot higher so it affected us all.
Sorry to hear about the friends lost due to farm murders. I'm sure there are members here who have lost friends due to murders in the townships too. Crime is an issue for all of us.

As for work opportunities, I just don't get it. We're probably both white and employed, I've had successes and failures in my professional life but I don't hold anyone responsible for those other than myself.
 
Yeah maybe not 99 but you know what I mean, this country was built then, almost entirely. I can also argue that had we not arrived this country would still be in the dark ages, the majority at least.
Who is we? Sorry pal you can't have it both ways you did nothing you where just born here you did nothing. For all we know your ancestors where just there to clean the dromedaris or give Jan a bj.
 
Of course the combination of bankrupt country the investment from out side and the useless ANC made for a cluster **** and didn't help we had a ******* for a president for nearly 10 years.

But all I said was it's our shared responsibility to improve our country.

First, outside investment dried up because of the ANC - not the outside investors. Recently the EU said we want to invest more, all you have to do is relax BEE laws, and the ANC said no. So who is to blame for the lack of investment?

Second, who elected Zuma as President of the ANC? Who refused to recall him? Who refused to vote for a vote of no confidence in him, until he had destroyed the country?

For 24 years the ANC has been screwing up the country and blaming it on apartheid or the whites, whichever was more convenient, and now you want white help in fixing the country? Why must we help? The ANC, EFF and BFLF all hate white people. Face it, they want us to go. So maybe we must take the hint and leave. If all of South Africa's problems are because of the white man, then maybe they will disappear if we go.
 
Sorry to hear about the friends lost due to farm murders. I'm sure there are members here who have lost friends due to murders in the townships too. Crime is an issue for all of us.

As for work opportunities, I just don't get it. We're probably both white and employed, I've had successes and failures in my professional life but I don't hold anyone responsible for those other than myself.

Neither do I hold anyone responsible, I dare not say a word you know. I do however wish that the play field was more fair. Especially considering that most of the time neither of the openents were present during the previous regime.
 
Yea, then we spent the next 25 years borking the economy so badly that we had no jobs for all that labour. The former part was Apartheid's fault, the latter wasn't.

We're slipping backwards as a country, not advancing forwards. Just look at what is happening to Eskom. We could once provide cheap electricity to our country, now we can't. That didn't happen under Apartheid, that failure happened under our new democracy.

The situation our country is in now cannot be laid solely at the feet of Apartheid and it can definitely not be laid at my feet. I didn't vote for the Apartheid government and I didn't vote for this new fsck up of a government.
I agree but now we back at my original post it is our shared responsibility as citizens.

Neither have I.
 
Who is we? Sorry pal you can't have it both ways you did nothing you where just born here you did nothing. For all we know your ancestors where just there to clean the dromedaris or give Jan a bj.

Don't be daft, you know I mean white people and not myself exclusively. If I say it in every point I'll probably receive an infringement for racism.
 
Don't be daft, you know I mean white people and not myself exclusively. If I say it in every point I'll probably receive an infringement for racism.
Nah pal you can't want to appropriate the achievements of white people as a collective then distance your self from the failures and consequences. ****ing want your bread buttered both sides
 
First, outside investment dried up because of the ANC - not the outside investors. Recently the EU said we want to invest more, all you have to do is relax BEE laws, and the ANC said no. So who is to blame for the lack of investment?

Second, who elected Zuma as President of the ANC? Who refused to recall him? Who refused to vote for a vote of no confidence in him, until he had destroyed the country?

For 24 years the ANC has been screwing up the country and blaming it on apartheid or the whites, whichever was more convenient, and now you want white help in fixing the country? Why must we help? The ANC, EFF and BFLF all hate white people. Face it, they want us to go. So maybe we must take the hint and leave. If all of South Africa's problems are because of the white man, then maybe they will disappear if we go.
We largely agree.

But it's all our responsibility. The point is the average citizen doesn't we can't let ******* politics divide us
 
Nah pal you can't want to appropriate the achievements of white people as a collective then distance your self from the failures and consequences. ****ing want your bread buttered both sides

Where did I distance myself from the failures?
 
Think I had it on vhs somewhere - one of those things you just had to record and play back in slo mo.

haven't seen it on the web yet.
You would be my hero if you could give me a link to this. That's my only reason for coming into this thread. I want to post the video every time somebody makes ET out to be some kind of messiah or prophet or whatever. I remember seeing this on TV but can't find the video.
 
We largely agree.

But it's all our responsibility. The point is the average citizen doesn't we can't let ******* politics divide us

No, it isn't all our responsibility. You cannot tell white people you hate them and want to kill them and want all of them to die and then be surprised when they don't want to help you.

I am going to become a citizen of another country and I will pay my tax currency over to them and they will welcome me. I will be sorry to leave but honestly I get sick of the politics. I get sick of hearing how XYZ is corrupt and yet nothing happens because the ANC will not prosecute one of their own. They will not send an ANC member to prison.

I get sick of being blamed for the state of the country because of the colour of my skin, despite being too young to have ever voted for an apartheid government and despite the fact that the ANC itself has screwed up the country.
 
No, it isn't all our responsibility. You cannot tell white people you hate them and want to kill them and want all of them to die and then be surprised when they don't want to help you.

I am going to become a citizen of another country and I will pay my tax currency over to them and they will welcome me. I will be sorry to leave but honestly I get sick of the politics. I get sick of hearing how XYZ is corrupt and yet nothing happens because the ANC will not prosecute one of their own. They will not send an ANC member to prison.

I get sick of being blamed for the state of the country because of the colour of my skin, despite being too young to have ever voted for an apartheid government and despite the fact that the ANC itself has screwed up the country.

I couldn't agree more
 
Yeah maybe not 99 but you know what I mean, this country was built then, almost entirely. I can also argue that had we not arrived this country would still be in the dark ages, the majority at least.

Once again, want to take credit for the good, but not for the bad. It's package deal, take it all, or leave it all.
 
No, it isn't all our responsibility. You cannot tell white people you hate them and want to kill them and want all of them to die and then be surprised when they don't want to help you.

I am going to become a citizen of another country and I will pay my tax currency over to them and they will welcome me. I will be sorry to leave but honestly I get sick of the politics. I get sick of hearing how XYZ is corrupt and yet nothing happens because the ANC will not prosecute one of their own. They will not send an ANC member to prison.

I get sick of being blamed for the state of the country because of the colour of my skin, despite being too young to have ever voted for an apartheid government and despite the fact that the ANC itself has screwed up the country.
I wish you all the best, hope one day you will be able to find love for your country.
 
Nah pal you can't want to appropriate the achievements of white people as a collective then distance your self from the failures and consequences. ****ing want your bread buttered both sides

You know,I never really understood it,when its the invention of the wheel or the television it's "we" but when it the atrocities of colonialism or apartheid its "it has nothing to do with me it's them" how exactly does this work?
 
You know,I never really understood it,when its the invention of the wheel or the television it's "we" but when it the atrocities of colonialism or apartheid its "it has nothing to do with me it's them" how exactly does this work?

Can one not be proud of something you had nothing to do with?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X