Evetech Marketing

Danieldan5152

Doesn't this bother other people the way Evetech markets their prebuilt pc's that state I7's with 8-Core and Ryzen 16-Core. When you go to their component section they sell the cpu's with the correct specs I7's 4-core and 8-thread and Ryzen 8-core and 16-thread. And on their main page they have this one https://i.imgur.com/xQZV5tD.png that says 6 core then all of a sudden it is 12 core.

Ryansr

Expert Member
Lies are a big part of marketing. Plausible deniability.

Danieldan5152

I just find this so wrong and you get idiots that fall for it..... And then they want to argue with you when they say they bought a I7-6700 and say it is overclocked....... 1. Evetech will never bclk overclock 2. What you are seeing is the turbo boost. The more you try and explain the more defending they get.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Doesn't this bother other people the way Evetech markets their prebuilt pc's that state I7's with 8-Core and Ryzen 16-Core. When you go to their component section they sell the cpu's with the correct specs I7's 4-core and 8-thread and Ryzen 8-core and 16-thread. And on their main page they have this one https://i.imgur.com/xQZV5tD.png that says 6 core then all of a sudden it is 12 core.

Well, the potential buyer must ask themselves about this discrepancy:

discrep.JPG

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Rather cheap cooler for a i7 7800x
Also the GPU is pretty useless
And the PSU 500w... Is that enough just for the mobo and CPU?

rsifan

Rather cheap cooler for a i7 7800x
Also the GPU is pretty useless
And the PSU 500w... Is that enough just for the mobo and CPU?

CPU: 140w
mobo: 50w?
GPU: 30w
everything else another 50w? The 500w PSU will handle it easily, especially if it's 80+ rated as in the ad.

Ryansr

Expert Member
I'm about to get my order from Evetech on some barebones setup and they were the cheapest around when I checked last time (kept a price comparison on Excel comparing their prices to Raru and Wootware). Hopefully things goes well with my order but I will remain a bit sceptical until I've actually tested all the components I will be receiving them. Will try to let you guys know as soon as this happens.

ponder

Honorary Master
I'm about to get my order from Evetech on some barebones setup and they were the cheapest around when I checked last time (kept a price comparison on Excel comparing their prices to Raru and Wootware). Hopefully things goes well with my order but I will remain a bit sceptical until I've actually tested all the components I will be receiving them. Will try to let you guys know as soon as this happens.

"There's a sucker born every minute" - P.T. Barnum

The initial order is not the issue, the issue comes in with after sales service when you have warranty claims etc. Manufacturers 3yr warranties will be reduced to 1yr evetech warranties etc.

A fool and his money is easily parted...:ROFL:

[XC] Oj101

Dealer
Manufacturers 3yr warranties will be reduced to 1yr evetech warranties etc.

They tell you that before you even purchase from them. 8.1 of their terms and conditions. I swear they’re like those 411 scams where they make it so obvious something is amiss that only stupid people fall for it - stupid people who won’t give them problems.

eye_suc

Expert Member
There is a reason they are the cheapest: once your stuff fails it is up to you to sort out.

FlexSA

Their is rarely anything wrong with the products. They all come from the same suppliers.
BUT

if something goes wrong with the components then the customer service and RMA process with Evetech is a nightmare.

Pitbull

Verboten

You're going to end up regretting doing business with them. Excel spreadsheet and all :eek:

i.got~issues

Expert Member
Hey folks... no thread hijack intended, just a quick query regarding Evetech and their laptop warranty.

Will need laptop for 3D scanning, 32GB RAM and GPU 1050 min spec, SSD would be nice, warranty the longer the better, budget around R30k.

I am looking at some Dell gaming laptops on the Evetech site, they have really good pricing, and state the Dell 3 year, onsite next business day warranty.

This will negate having to deal with Evetech then in any event of a warranty issue?

Evetech pricing on these laptops is unbeatable... unless someone can suggest elsewhere...

RedViking

Nord of the South
Their is rarely anything wrong with the products. They all come from the same suppliers.
BUT

if something goes wrong with the components then the customer service and RMA process with Evetech is a nightmare.

It is not a nightmare and pretty straight forward. It is just damn slow. All the products I bought from them had/has 3 years warranty, and I have never had issues so far with returns and replacements. Currently have an Antec PSU (I think 2016 buy) with them under warranty and confirmed as such. You must just be very patient and sort out your own courier.

FlexSA

It is not a nightmare and pretty straight forward. It is just damn slow. All the products I bought from them had/has 3 years warranty, and I have never had issues so far with returns and replacements. Currently have an Antec PSU (I think 2016 buy) with them under warranty and confirmed as such. You must just be very patient and sort out your own courier.
Their chairs for example has 0 warranty. Some cards they only provide a few months warranty.

There are horror stories across many forums of how bad their customer service is. And I have experienced it first hand as well before

RedViking

Nord of the South
Their chairs for example has 0 warranty. Some cards they only provide a few months warranty.

There are horror stories across many forums of how bad their customer service is. And I have experienced it first hand as well before

As long as they make it clear and you know what you buy, then I don't have a problem with it. I don't buy anything with less than 3 years warranty, or AT LEAST 2 years. One of the reason I refuse to use a store like Matrix etc. But this is usually clearly indicated. Fortunately I have never had a big issue with return and warranty, so far anyways. But all the items I bought have 2 years + warranty.