Evetech Relocating

Apogee

Anyone have an idea where Evetech is relocating to?

The newsletter that they sent out today doesn't indicate their new address.

Screenshot_20210722-185402_Outlook.jpg

Last edited:

CharlieSmith

Also find it very weird that they are not trusting their customers, without whom they cannot survive, to tell us where they are relocating to, or how they are re-organizing to accommodate a new business model/operations process.

We shall find out in due course in any way.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Well I see one theory is that they're keeping it a secret to avoid hijackings/theft. But then you can just follow them from their current location so I doubt that's it.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Evetech? Still in business? I am very surprised, probably moving to some shithole suburb.

Kimitar

Evetech is an incredibly shady company, I would not recommend dealing with them at all.

P924

Expert Member
Imagine pissing off your customers so much that you have to move...

Apogee

So they moved to a location somewhere in the middle of nowhere near Diepsloot.

Thanks for the great service during the past 14 years, but I am out.

Cannot wait for slow delivery via courier unfortunately.

Apogee

Everyone on the forum says stay away from Evetech
My experience was that if you treat them with respect and have a long-standing relationship with them, you have very little problems as long as you are being reasonable.

Having said that, I will concede that after reading all the many horror-stories here that their after-sales service sounds like it needs a lot of work.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
My experience was that if you treat them with respect and have a long-standing relationship with them, you have very little problems as long as you are being reasonable.

Having said that, I will concede that after reading all the many horror-stories here that their after-sales service sounds like it needs a lot of work.
I personally have never used them
Was just commentating on the horror stories all over this forum
Good to hear you have had excellent experiences with them :thumbsup:
I personally use Wootware as they are 3km from where I live

RedViking

Nord of the South
long-standing relationship

I guess almost 10 years was not long enough.

giphy.gif

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Drama queens mostly imo, many of us has spend many thousands over many years with Evetech without a single issue..
Not drama queens at all. Check here, check Carbonite, check Facebook - the internet is awash with poor reviews and bad stories. Sure, not everyone has bad experiences, but there are enough of them that it's an issue.

Also, no matter how good your experience, the fact they charge a "devaluation" fee for returned goods (even goods returned under warranty) is an absolute joke and criminal.

They're legitimately bad, though they do have good moments.