Facebook chat app for iPhone and Android launched

nelwa

Expert Member
Facebook chat is horrible, won't install it on my iPhone...

Ndanileka

So many IM apps whatsapp, bbm, mxit, Google talk and now Facebook messenger, soon there will be iMessage

Saajid

Expert Member
Eish... wish everyone would just ditch BBM, MXIT, GTALK, FB Chat, FB Messenger, etc, and just use Whatsapp. Cross platform - doesn't require email accounts, registration with services you don't want or need, etc. All you need is a cell number, and a capable phone.

warchylde

Expert Member
Eish... wish everyone would just ditch BBM, MXIT, GTALK, FB Chat, FB Messenger, etc, and just use Whatsapp. Cross platform - doesn't require email accounts, registration with services you don't want or need, etc. All you need is a cell number, and a capable phone.

gtalk is better in that sense. It's truly cross platform (at least I think it is ) and you can go check your logs online when you log in. Whatsapp is also not yet available for pc.

Chunkyfeather

+1

WhatApp is truly the best, when loading it, it auto detects all your contacts who are also using it based solely on their cell number, even clever enough to go international, so now you sms your friends (local and international) using whatsapp for so little.

nelwa

Expert Member
+1

WhatApp is truly the best, when loading it, it auto detects all your contacts who are also using it based solely on their cell number, even clever enough to go international, so now you sms your friends (local and international) using whatsapp for so little.

Yip, my only quibble with WhatsApp is that it can be a little slow at times, other than that it's great!

biometrics

Honorary Master
+1

I've been ignoring WhatsApp because I thought it's just another messenger or Skype type app. Man was I wrong. Thanks Chunkyfeather, I didn't realise that you don't need to add your contacts. This thing is brilliant. THANKS!

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
gtalk is better in that sense. It's truly cross platform (at least I think it is ) and you can go check your logs online when you log in. Whatsapp is also not yet available for pc.

This is a good point.

NathanCrow

Just downloaded it now from the Jailbreak store, Well its not a instant messenger its the send msg function you get in facebook more like sending a email

DaDon

anyone got this app for Android yet?
Android Market keeps telling me its not available for this (South Africa) country, lol...
Cheers
D