Facebook slow like molasses

Donovan

Is anyone else finding that Facebook is running REALLY slowly, and has been for the past few days?

S1ght

Expert Member
So its not just me :( Mine opens if left alone for a few minutes...but then it takes like a minute or 2 just to poke someone...

Devill

Damned
Have you bee installing 1000 applications per day?

Then you are the lucky winner of the slowest-site-on-earth prizes! :eek:

its always been slow if you have alot on your profile and with more people joining every day it will get even slower if they dont up their resources

Ivan...

Expert Member
I have 5 or so applications, and its slow...when I'm at work its fast.

This happened before with iBurps...I'm too lazy to find that thread,

native

Expert Member
By the way, what will happen if people dont make use of facebook

Jhbgirl

Expert Member
Last few days my FB won't even login when I'm on iBurst and don't tell me that's due to any apps. Works like a charm though on 512 ADSL.

limnos

Expert Member
My facebook has been dead slow since about 3 days ago. And so has my rapidshare account. Both run super fast on Vodacom. iBUST are definitely up to something here.... So the apps on the profile have nothing to do with it.

Facebook is prob one of their most accessed sites, and rapidshare is where the most traffic gets pulled down from. It only makes sense to expect this excuse of an ISP to throttle it. The day there is an alternative, i'll be the happiest customer to leave them!

riverdusty

This is a problem with Facebook AFAIK.
My facebook is slow but everything else is fine.

NightWulfe

Another slow one here, I also seem to have the weirdest issue with browsing, not sure if its iBurst, but I've turned everything off on my ClarkConnect box (Squid etc) and a lot of my pages are constantly refreshing. They download a couple kb, then restart, and again, and again, and again... Thankfully this page stopped refreshing. Happening on both my machines, in IE and in FF.

dadecoza

Expert Member
Another slow one here, I also seem to have the weirdest issue with browsing, not sure if its iBurst, but I've turned everything off on my ClarkConnect box (Squid etc) and a lot of my pages are constantly refreshing. They download a couple kb, then restart, and again, and again, and again... Thankfully this page stopped refreshing. Happening on both my machines, in IE and in FF.

You were trying to look at naughty Minki photos weren't you? :rolleyes:

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
ADSL has also been slow with facebook and a few other sites today.

I could hardly open a local forum (hosted overseas actually) while a friend on iBurst had no problems. :/ Internet in SA...

Lino

I am back
Also struggling here, ok I use ADSL but still. The net is slowwwwwwww

chrismiller1985

wow, just really really slow. Anyone know if Telkom is having problems? pages are timing out its so slow..lol