Fiber Coverage - OpenServe PTA East

cyb3rt

Howzit guys,

I am hoping someone on here could assist me in explaining or possibly even helping in some way. I have a fiber "buddy box" installed against my house already (in a complex) and I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the area is covered but it would seem that only my complex is uncovered for some reason. When the box was installed there was no coverage at all so I have been waiting patiently because then it made sense that the backbone was still being finalized or something similar.

I have spoken to all the providers I could find (Afrihost, Telkom, Axxess, Crystal Web, ect.) and none of them can tell me what to do other than wait. Now, I am fine waiting for fiber in my area but as stated its literally there already and shown as covered except for my complex. The rest of the street is shaded with the dark purple..

The buddy box is already against my house and has been for a good couple of months now, with the fiber cabling coming into it already from the street as my house is the first unit and right against the street. Please can someone tell me what I need to do for this to be switched on?

2017-11-13_14-15-05.png

Last edited:

SpiderGear

What do you have inside the box? Show us what the inside of the box look like.

Schatzie

Good morning cyb3rt - Im from SADV - The FTTH side for DFA - Why dont you contact me so I can see if we can rather help you get this done a bit quicker. rochelle@sadv.co.za