Fiber ISP comparison data.

Savvoh

Ok, so I am having some difficulty with my current international speeds on my fiber line and between the ISP and Provider cant seem to get a fix after over a month of waiting. So as my last resort i am going to change ISP's and see if it makes a difference.

Thought i might do a little comparison on ISP's for fun while I'm going through all the trouble.

Question is, what test should i run on the lines (new and old) to at least be able to give a decent comparison of the two ISP's, as the provider will be exactly the same and am tired of hearing all the hype about there are so many variable in play that speedtest are just not good enough?

Obviously i will run speed tests as my primary goal is to get a better international constant download speed for streaming.

I am also going to do the tests as close to each other as i can.

Savvoh

Where/ what you trying to stream?

Uk or NL. My sporting streams.

Actually just trying to get more than 9 mbps for any international downloads. But i have post for that, the comparisons is just going to be for fun.

Savvoh

But they are the best? :confused:

@PBCool

Hence why i said its probably the provider, but I cant wait indefinitely for a reply to know for sure, so i am going to try something else.

If both ISP's come up with the same issue, i can go on a provider rampage.... :)

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Who is your fibre provider? With some of them it ain't that easy to change, from what I have read.

Savvoh

Who is your fibre provider? With some of them it ain't that easy to change, from what I have read.

With be another story to tell. But they seem to think we can get moved over in 24 hours dependent on ISP reply speeds.

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Okay, so to get back to your question then:

1. I wold get a static IP of a host in UK and USA.
- 100 packet ping test
- tracert to check route
2. Speedtests as you mentioned, but I don't trust them anyway. (Both UK and USA)
3. File download (1GB) test with and without DL manager.
4. File upload (1GB) test. (Not sure what speeds you have)

That is basically all I want to see, when I make my decisions. :)

Savvoh

Okay, so to get back to your question then:

1. I wold get a static IP of a host in UK and USA.
- 100 packet ping test
- tracert to check route
2. Speedtests as you mentioned, but I don't trust them anyway. (Both UK and USA)
3. File download (1GB) test with and without DL manager.
4. File upload (1GB) test. (Not sure what speeds you have)

That is basically all I want to see, when I make my decisions. :)

Thanks man.

I presume 1gig file DL from somewhere like https://speed.hetzner.de/ ?

Upload speeds are currently better internationally then my DL speeds, :crylaugh:, but its a 100mbps up and down line.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Do you have a ticket for me? We just had the same thing with another customer and had the CPE replaced to resolve. Also what router are you using?

Savvoh

Do you have a ticket for me? We just had the same thing with another customer and had the CPE replaced to resolve. Also what router are you using?

Tickets been open since 14/11/2017, have DMed u twice.

#COOL-20171114-53580

The last reply was kind of unexpected but, if thats the rule of thumb for Ci, then i need to move.

Router: The TP-link you guys sent me, TL-WR840N. But have done the whole laptop into the Unit direct thing and still no good.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Tickets been open since 14/11/2017, have DMed u twice.

#COOL-20171114-53580

The last reply was kind of unexpected but, if thats the rule of thumb for Ci, then i need to move.

Router: The TP-link you guys sent me, TL-WR840N. But have done the whole laptop into the Unit direct thing and still no good.

Thanks for the reply.

Can we send you a diagnostic router to do tests from our side? I had the issue logged with TTConnect but they are one of the worst to deal with to be honest.

Savvoh

Can we send you a diagnostic router to do tests from our side? I had the issue logged with TTConnect but they are one of the worst to deal with to be honest.

Perfect, I will wait for contact from you guys...

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Perfect, I will wait for contact from you guys...

Will courier a router for you tomorrow, should arrive on Tuesday, PM me if you have a specific address you want it sent to. Also how many ports does your fibre media converter have?

Savvoh

Will courier a router for you tomorrow, should arrive on Tuesday, PM me if you have a specific address you want it sent to. Also how many ports does your fibre media converter have?

Thanks, the address of the line and account is fine.

It has 5 ports, currently the router is in Lan 5.

rawoke

Try to checkout multiple speed portals not just the usual suspects...