Fight against SA's Affirmative Action

Um your conclusions are flawed..

Last Old South African general election was in 1989 (after 1987 and 1984)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_general_election,_1989

The Nats and Conservatives got 79% of the vote (both supported Apartheid)

1989 was 26 years ago, an 18 year old then would now be 44. For people still working (44 to 60 years old) we have a generation of people currently holding the most senior jobs in business and in our economy that voted for the continuation of apartheid at one stage in their lives.

And those are the same people who voted against apartheid
 
On the gay part it was just an example unrelated to this topic but to humanity as a whole.

BEE is seen by certain people as benefitting the majority when in essence it benefits a very few people in high places.

The Gay thing is just something I wondered about. It is strange that AA would include women but not gay people. But like you its just an observation on humanity as a whole, as far as I know they are not compensated anywhere in the world. Procecuted yes.


Yes it's a bs game. My mother always told me when I asked her about apartheid why and how, She would just say they where the mushroom generation
Kept in the dark and fed BS, once you got the facts you voted against it. I feel the same about the people that still believe that the current situation is benefitting the majority. You would think with a free press and access to information it would not be like that but it is.

What is the solution? A new government? How many years will it take to root out the current problems? Corruption could be dealt with rather easy, the other things like eskom?
 
And those are the same people who voted against apartheid

Not disputing that, however am not sure white people should get too much credit for suddenly deciding not to oppress people.
 
Not disputing that, however am not sure white people should get too much credit for suddenly deciding not to oppress people.

Yeah! Lets drive them all into the sea!
 
Um your conclusions are flawed..

Last Old South African general election was in 1989 (after 1987 and 1984)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_general_election,_1989

The Nats and Conservatives got 79% of the vote (both supported Apartheid)

1989 was 26 years ago, an 18 year old then would now be 44. For people still working (44 to 60 years old) we have a generation of people currently holding the most senior jobs in business and in our economy that voted for the continuation of apartheid at one stage in their lives.


You just made his point, those people are the people who voted for an al inclusive SA. Now you want them to do what? Give up their work to a black guy and do what?
You want people that is contributing towards the economy to go sit at home and do?
stop bickering about the jobs there and start asking about the jobs that were never created.
 
Not disputing that, however am not sure white people should get too much credit for suddenly deciding not to oppress people.

I agree, none at all, but thats not the argument and not what I'm saying. The statement was, 'white people created apartheid'. I'm white. I DID NOT. No one alive today did, and although whites were better off than other races, we were not all equal. I'm not trying to take anything away for anyone or award medals and statues to white people, all I'm saying is, majority of us alive today had nothing to do with it and I'm sick of being told I did.
 
BS she never admitted anything. The judge accepted Zuma's version of events.

http://mg.co.za/article/2006-05-08-zuma-found-not-guilty

Although it was clear from the evidence a false accusation of rape was made, it had to be asked why the 31-year-old woman had gone through the trauma of the trial if she had not been raped, the judge said. For this, her history had to be looked at, which included a history of falsely accusing men of rape.

When she was confronted with these allegations, she denied knowing the men, or in some instances denied the accusations. This, Van der Merwe said, was because she could not admit that she had previously made false rape claims because then she would be found out.

True she never admitted anything but was previously found to have falsely accused men of rape and hid this.


The point trying to make is that its stupid to bring up Zuma's rape trial when debating the merits of AA or BEE. The two things have nothing to do with each other.
 
You just made his point, those people are the people who voted for an al inclusive SA. Now you want them to do what? Give up their work to a black guy and do what?
You want people that is contributing towards the economy to go sit at home and do?
stop bickering about the jobs there and start asking about the jobs that were never created.

His point was that Apartheid was never supported by the majority of whites which is absolute trash. The whites only election results pre 1994 are a testament to whites continuing to support the systematic oppression of a race of people. If whites hated apartheid so much why did the pro-reform Democratic Party never win any elections? Yes they eventually developed a conscience and voted "Yes" but that doesn't erase the fact that most of those same people supported it for a good number of years. He suggested that people who supported apartheid where old and didn't matter, my point was that people who supported apartheid are still very much part of the economy so they cannot simply shrug it off and say it was the retirees.
 
Um your conclusions are flawed..

Last Old South African general election was in 1989 (after 1987 and 1984)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_general_election,_1989

The Nats and Conservatives got 79% of the vote (both supported Apartheid)

1989 was 26 years ago, an 18 year old then would now be 44. For people still working (44 to 60 years old) we have a generation of people currently holding the most senior jobs in business and in our economy that voted for the continuation of apartheid at one stage in their lives.

At that stage the Nats were already busy with their U-turn on apartheid.
 
I agree, none at all, but thats not the argument and not what I'm saying. The statement was, 'white people created apartheid'. I'm white. I DID NOT. No one alive today did, and although whites were better off than other races, we were not all equal. I'm not trying to take anything away for anyone or award medals and statues to white people, all I'm saying is, majority of us alive today had nothing to do with it and I'm sick of being told I did.

If you are white, 44 and over and voted in an SA election, chances are you voted for the continuation of Apartheid in the 1989 general election, they may not be the majority but there are a huge amount of them still around.
 
If the majority are voting on racial/ideological lines, and not on facts, it's not a democracy; it's tyranny of the majority.

Well then there is no democracy existing anywhere in the world, only tyranny of the majority.

The definition of democracy is a system of government in which power is vested in the people, who rule either directly or through freely elected representatives.
 
I'm not trying to take anything away for anyone or award medals and statues to white people, all I'm saying is, majority of us alive today had nothing to do with it and I'm sick of being told I did.

EC3UIgV.gif
 
If the majority are voting on racial/ideological lines, and not on facts, it's not a democracy; it's tyranny of the majority.

Add to that, whenever it nears election times you'll hear the ANC telling the masses that if they don't vote for them that:

A: Apartheid will return
B: The ancestors will be angry

They are so mortally terrified of these two things, they will do anything to avoid them.
 
Correct.

They were voting for People like DeKlerk and others who were part of the and of apartheid.

Fair enough, I will concede that, 1987 election then, lets call it 46 and over - 52 % vote for PW Botha, 26.6 % Conservative...
 
I agree, none at all, but thats not the argument and not what I'm saying. The statement was, 'white people created apartheid'. I'm white. I DID NOT. No one alive today did, and although whites were better off than other races, we were not all equal. I'm not trying to take anything away for anyone or award medals and statues to white people, all I'm saying is, majority of us alive today had nothing to do with it and I'm sick of being told I did.

I'm 34 and white. I don't take responsibility for what happened before I was born or could vote.

What I do accept is that things needed to change, and soon things will need to change again.
 
Fair enough, I will concede that, 1987 election then, lets call it 46 and over - 52 % vote for PW Botha, 26.6 % Conservative...

And the rest of the vote was going to parties like the DP or PP who were actively against apartheid.
 
I agree, none at all, but thats not the argument and not what I'm saying. The statement was, 'white people created apartheid'. I'm white. I DID NOT. No one alive today did, and although whites were better off than other races, we were not all equal. I'm not trying to take anything away for anyone or award medals and statues to white people, all I'm saying is, majority of us alive today had nothing to do with it and I'm sick of being told I did.

Nobody is blaming you, that's what you don't seem to get. You only need to acknowledge the advantages white people have here because of it. I don't hold you responsible for modern medicine either but I can still observe that you benefit from it.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X