Firefox drops Google as default search provider

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Rickster dropped FireFox for Google Chrome, like 5 years ago.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
The butthurt is strong in Firefox.

Actually I don't care. Does anybody care?

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
It's never good to have such a dominate player without competition.

This is a good thing.

Keeper

Honorary Master
Chrome all the way, Firefox is dead and slow.
People using firefox are only scared to try something new.
If you use Firefox and SABnzbd, try Chrome, your mind will be blown.
Especially if you have a large queue.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
Not a fan of Chrome, but have been using Waterfox 64bit for the last 2yrs ... much faster than FF ;) , well at least the way i have it setup.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
Won't take me 30 seconds to set the home search and home page back to Google :D

Firefox for the win!

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Chrome all the way, Firefox is dead and slow.
People using firefox are only scared to try something new.
If you use Firefox and SABnzbd, try Chrome, your mind will be blown.
Especially if you have a large queue.
As much as I prefer Chrome, it has a way of always "decaying" over time. You slowly lose functionality until you have to format the machine. At the moment I can't open google in chrome at work. The network Nazi is breaking my balls over there. I'm forced to use Firefox atm :(

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I use Firefox for streaming Pandora only, chrome is where I watch Hulu and Opera is where I do my browsing

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
We at work have been requested to switch to the opera browser on our work PC's as the web based system that we use is most compatible with Opera. I am enjoying using Opera now on work PC. On home laptop I am using Chrome.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Firefox is still awesome! Chrome doesn't have the many, many extensions yet that I rely on in Firefox.
I'll just be switching my search page in the new version and keep using the best browser in the world.
Chrome, Opera and IE are also on my system, but only for backup purposes.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Chrome all the way. The new bookmarking interface alone makes it great. Looking forward to IE12 though.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
I use both FF and Cr, but I do find myself using FF more, especially at work.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Using all three... FF, Chrome and IE. (IE in some oddball cases esp virtual server 2005 and other web sites that still doesn't play ball with FF and Chrome).

thatshowiroll

I use both FF and Cr, but I do find myself using FF more, especially at work.
I used to use both, but I find myself hardly using Chrome anymore. Firefox has improved dramatically in the last few releases to the point where Chrome is lagging far behind Firefox.

Keeper

Honorary Master
Using all three... FF, Chrome and IE. (IE in some oddball cases esp virtual server 2005 and other web sites that still doesn't play ball with FF and Chrome).
Most of us have one...and only one. Sometimes a few of us get lucky and have TWO at a time, but as good as it sounds it's just too difficult to maintain two, at the same time.
Too many conflicts.. one will ask to be the main one, you say "yes" and when you go to the other one, that one will want to be the "primary" one!

Then there is people like you who are only satisfied with three, and nothing less. Most of us couldn't even handle that amount of button pressing and wheel flicking in a scenario like that, it just ain't practical. Not for one man. 3 requires just too much Ram Power, and a lot of virtual swapping per session.

I'm guessing there is some freak here who probably likes to have 4 at a time, but that's just crazy talk.
No man can sustain that kind of cache requirements - and even if you could, your cache would run out very quickly.
Sure you get cookies like crazy, and yes the plug-in possibilities are endless - but it just ain't worth it. Unless you have a big hard drive of course.