FNB Credit Card Agreement

travcaine

Hi there,

Does anyone know how I can get a copy of my credit card agreement from FNB online? Or somewhere online to check what my current interest rate is?

mr_norris

Expert Member
If you look at your CC statement, first page on the bottom left has the interest rates.

Edit: I see I'm too late :p

travcaine

Thanks, in the mean time I found my agreement; there is something that bothers me. My agreement shows my personalized interest rate as xx.xx% but my statement shows as yy.yy % (more than my personalized interest rate) is this normal?

signates

Executive Member
Depending on when the agreement was signed, it would be linked to the repo rate and increase or decrease accordingly.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Thanks, in the mean time I found my agreement; there is something that bothers me. My agreement shows my personalized interest rate as xx.xx% but my statement shows as yy.yy % (more than my personalized interest rate) is this normal?

Phone the bank and ask them to explain the difference?

travcaine

Thanks, I gave the bank a call and they stated that the interest might get reviewed yearly; which is fine but I never got any communication about this change of about 2%, here is a quoted section of the agreement "you will receive written notice of the changed personalised interest rate from the bank no later than 30(thirty) business days after the change takes effect."

Snyper564

Executive Member
Thanks, I gave the bank a call and they stated that the interest might get reviewed yearly; which is fine but I never got any communication about this change of about 2%, here is a quoted section of the agreement "you will receive written notice of the changed personalised interest rate from the bank no later than 30(thirty) business days after the change takes effect."

Might have received it on prior statement and just didnt realize?

Messugga

Honorary Master

So ask them to provide proof that they provided such a notice within the specified period. Do you know when it changed? It might've been in the last 30 days?

What's the point though? Probably the best you'll get is that they wave the 2% difference in interest over the period from the change to now.

travcaine

So ask them to provide proof that they provided such a notice within the specified period. Do you know when it changed? It might've been in the last 30 days?

What's the point though? Probably the best you'll get is that they wave the 2% difference in interest over the period from the change to now.

I will ask them. Went through my statements, changed between November 2017 and December 2017.

3WA

Honorary Master
I will ask them. Went through my statements, changed between November 2017 and December 2017.

But that rate change in late 2017 was a reduction. It should have changed the rate in your favour, no?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
It's best to pay the full amount every month and not give 2c about the interest rate.

But, when you in a jam, you can count on your friendly bank to yuck fou six ways to Sunday.