FNB Fusion worth it?

shadow_man

Executive Member
Is FNB Fusion worth it?
Banker wants me to move over to a Fusion account (and advises I can also keep my CC).

Proposed: Fusion + CC
VS
Current: Cheque + CC - why should I or shouldn't I move?

Any input?

Thanks!

I moved,

Paying slightly less a month,

I can cash at till with my fusion, also if I swipe it , it doesnt negatively affect ebucks related stuff

I get ebucks points

Pay less and get more ebucks. Sounded like I win so I switched and kept my CC.

I did it for the ebucks. On Platinum (Private Wanking was not worth the earns for me and Aspire is just an eBucks tease)

Like everyone else said:

* It's slightly cheaper
* Get more points for ebucks levels

I've been on Premier Fusion + CC since July-ish last year. Quite happy.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread...

For me, the benefit of a bank account with an overdraft facility is that the overdraft does not appear on your credit record.
So, in a way, it's bonus credit.

For those of you that have changed to the Fusion account, does it now appear on your credit record as a credit facility of sorts?

I have the Gold (Aspire?) fusion.

It's okay, but hit the overdraft/credit for whatever reason and you pay that R69 credit fee. It's not really functioning like a credit-card facility.

I know the spiel, get a credit card if you want that, but the original intent when fusion came out was to unify your credit line under a single fee and card. It's unified now, but dare you use it, you'll get charged. Sort of disincentivizes you to use it.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread...

For me, the benefit of a bank account with an overdraft facility is that the overdraft does not appear on your credit record.
So, in a way, it's bonus credit.

For those of you that have changed to the Fusion account, does it now appear on your credit record as a credit facility of sorts?
Appeared on my credit record for sure.

AFAIK, the interest free period on the fusion card is only 30 days vs possible 55 days max on a separate credit card. Not sure how one would optimise the 30 days but if you'll have to manage it well to fit two pay days into 30 days, whereas quite easy on 55 days.

AFAIK, the interest free period on the fusion card is only 30 days vs possible 55 days max on a separate credit card. Not sure how one would optimise the 30 days but if you'll have to manage it well to fit two pay days into 30 days, whereas quite easy on 55 days.
Interest free is also only on swipes. You pay interest from day 1 on EFT. Hence why, get the credit card / fusion combo.

Interest free is also only on swipes. You pay interest from day 1 on EFT. Hence why, get the credit card / fusion combo.
spot on many people dont realise there is no interest free period on a CC where EFT and ATM withdrawals happens interest from the moment you move/withdraw that cash!

FNB just nofied me that they are 'offering' me to change (upgrade?) to FNB Fusion.. from Private Clients
I use my Credit card and Cheque account overdraft extensively.
What's the general feeling around the migration / upgrade from those who have changed ?

FNB just nofied me that they are 'offering' me to change (upgrade?) to FNB Fusion.. from Private Clients
What's the general feeling around the migration / upgrade from those who have changed ?
No reason not to. Moving is cheaper and scores some easy eB points.

EDIT: For clarity, upgrade the cheque to fusion and keep using the credit card as normal.

Last edited:

Has generally just simplified my life as it’s all just one thing with nothing to manage.

But I don’t need interest free periods and what not.

I’m on it and personally I don’t see the value. Might even downgrade to Premier.

I’m on it and personally I don’t see the value. Might even downgrade to Premier.
And if you dongrade to Premier you'll still have the choice of fusion or normal cheque account.

Last edited:
Back