FNB Fusion

Kevvie

So I walk into FNB to change my email address, and the consultant immediately asked me if I would like to convert to Fusion it's a better account and whot not. In the end I converted. However, he said when I receive my salary I should move it out completely out of the fusion account - and within 30 days move it back. I don't understand why. They will charge interest on a negative balance if I move all the money out. Or do I understand this wrong? :unsure:

walterl

Expert Member
I have a FNB Fusion account and I have no idea what you or the consultant are talking about.

Snyper564

Executive Member
Really didn't like the concept at all.... I'll keep my accounts separate thank you.

Speedster

Honorary Master
So I walk into FNB to change my email address, and the consultant immediately asked me if I would like to convert to Fusion it's a better account and whot not. In the end I converted. However, he said when I receive my salary I should move it out completely out of the fusion account - and within 30 days move it back. I don't understand why. They will charge interest on a negative balance if I move all the money out. Or do I understand this wrong? :unsure:
They shouldn't charge interest for the interest free period - something like 30 days

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Consultant is an idiot.

Disregard and move along.

newby_investor

Expert Member
The 30-days interest free doesn't seem to work properly, so my MO on fusion is normally this:

1. Get paid on the 25th, move entire positive balance to savings pocket.
2. Top-up fusion account from savings pocket as I spend.
3. When the first comes, let the balance go below -1000 for ebucks.
4. Repeat 2. until payday.

Works for me, keeps the interest to less than R5 every month. I've asked FNB for clarification on this but just given up eventually.

Kevvie

Thanks all for the info and comments. I think what his main purpose was to get my ebucks level up. What is didn't understand was to move my salary out and let all my debits and spending go off and then at the end only transfer back money that was used. Ek weet nie. :confused:

Kevvie

The 30-days interest free doesn't seem to work properly, so my MO on fusion is normally this:

1. Get paid on the 25th, move entire positive balance to savings pocket.
2. Top-up fusion account from savings pocket as I spend.
3. When the first comes, let the balance go below -1000 for ebucks.
4. Repeat 2. until payday.

Works for me, keeps the interest to less than R5 every month. I've asked FNB for clarification on this but just given up eventually.
Aha, that makes a lot more sense. However when you transfer money out of the savings pocket there is service fees. Clever those guys.

eg2505

Honorary Master
saw this listed on my ebucks, says not held in my case,

is it worth going into to get more ebucks? or is it just another scam to get people to spend more than they earn?

Snyper564

Executive Member
saw this listed on my ebucks, says not held in my case,

is it worth going into to get more ebucks? or is it just another scam to get people to spend more than they earn?
If you on T5 don't do anything if not you could def earn more!

Kevvie

If you save your ebucks then yes it's a benefit if you get to level 5.

Kevvie

What do you think FNB get's out of the deal to convert as many customers as they can to Fusion?

Se@n

What do you think FNB get's out of the deal to convert as many customers as they can to Fusion?

The fusion card is considered a credit card at POS - therefore higher revenue to the bank per rand swiped than a Cheque card. The bank hates Cheque / Debit cards and would like them abolished.

Kevvie

The fusion card is considered a credit card at POS - therefore higher revenue to the bank per rand swiped than a Cheque card. The bank hates Cheque / Debit cards and would like them abolished.
sounds just about right - what does tick me is that when buying online my fusion card is not accepted as payment, which then I have to revert back to original credit card.