FNB Global Account Card

3WA

Executive Member
I have one of these cards but, apart from the potential ebucks points, don't really see the point
Lounge access, eBucks, no currency conversion fees, and ability to buy forex at any time when the exchange rate suits you. Seems a no-brainer if you travel a lot.

Speedster

Executive Member
Lounge access, eBucks, no currency conversion fees, and ability to buy forex at any time when the exchange rate suits you. Seems a no-brainer if you travel a lot.
Lounge access, of course. That's the reason I got mine. I think my question was more on terms of actual card usage. What is the difference between swiping this card and my normal credit card?

3WA

Executive Member
What is the difference between swiping this card and my normal credit card?
For me, I like the certainty of knowing beforehand exactly what rate all my dollars were bought at. I'll be overseas around the time Moody's makes their next rating announcement and have no interest in swiping my credit card if the rand is at R17 to the dollar.

Of course, the rand could also easily be at R13 to the dollar at that time, which is why I will be packing my credit card nonetheless :p

signates

Executive Member
I also use mine for amazon and ebay purchases. My card is topped up currently with about $500 that I loaded about 6 months ago. The USD price is deducted from my card with no currency conversion needed.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Some feedback...Spoke to someone at Forex. Confirmed that I shouldn’t have been charged as it’s my first currency card. He’s initiating an refund for me.
So if you have physically one card?

I paid a 17 Euro a few days for Debit Card Annual fee (a month after I opened).

Dolby

Honorary Master
So if you have physically one card?

I paid a 17 Euro a few days for Debit Card Annual fee (a month after I opened).
Oh mine just said annual card fee ... it doesn't say per additional card

DinoPat

Premier.

The annual fee differs from account to account?
No it's the same. Would've thought that if the first card free thing applies to gold then if would apply to all accounts above gold as well.

Dolby

Honorary Master
No it's the same. Would've thought that if the first card free thing applies to gold then if would apply to all accounts above gold as well.
:(

My screenshot doesn't even say first card ... yours has it in brackets

Dolby

Honorary Master

DinoPat

yes, you cannot order a second card its only one card per account.
You can have a global account card for each currency. That’s what they’re referring to in the pricing guide. If I get a USD card on top of the Euro card I currently have I’ll only pay for the USD card.

Crossing_Swords

Not sure whether this has been asked before.

How did you fund your card? I can't transfer between my current and the GA. Do you have to go through the whole process of selecting what the money is for etc?

Maybe I'm just missing something.

Thanks

Speedster

Executive Member
Not sure whether this has been asked before.

How did you fund your card? I can't transfer between my current and the GA. Do you have to go through the whole process of selecting what the money is for etc?

Maybe I'm just missing something.

Thanks
Global transfers on the app or website