FNB Global Account Card

Speedster

Executive Member
I'm still trying to figure out a way to open some form of transaction - and hopefully interest bearing - Euro (or dollar) account. That way one can make a payment from the FNB Global account to a standard european bank account

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I'm still trying to figure out a way to open some form of transaction - and hopefully interest bearing - Euro (or dollar) account. That way one can make a payment from the FNB Global account to a standard european bank account
Look at TransferWise borderless account, which can hold money for you in different currencies indefinitely (no interest though) but just be aware of potential hefty charges if you are transferring to it from your Global Account. I have just opened such an account and tested it by transferring 200 Euros to it at the weekend. FNB charged me R285 for the privilege (taken from my cheque account), which I expected, but only 185 euros arrived at the other end. I called TransferWise and they looked into it, this was their response...

I took a look into your transfer, the reason that there was the 15.00 fee was because you did a swift payment. When you transferred from your bank account in South Africa to our EUR bank account in Estonia, it was an international swift transfer. When you are transferring with swift they change their own fees that we have no control over.

Even though you have a EUR bank account in South Africa, is not apart of SEPA, which makes it an international swift transfer.
I asked her to look and see if 15 euros was a set fee or a percentage but she never answered that in my email. So depending on the amounts you want to send, depending on the answer to that question, it could be good or bad.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Almost no eur accounts give any interest. My bank of Ireland accounts gives nothing, I think I can open savings accounts which gives about 1% lol

BlockingThePass

Fnb has a Investments that's offshore but the amount their asking is way of what I can afford right now

Any other companies you guys can recommend?

FNB wants 2500$......

Mbuzi

Expert Member
This thread is the bomb!!! I will be travelling to a European country in 10 days and I have since opened a GA as well as ordered the card. I just hope I receive the card soon so I can enjoy the free lounges :)