FNB Private client vs Private wealth

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
FNB's offering me to move to PW - but I don't really see any obvious benefits over PC (where i'm currently just scraping level 5 most months).

Waiting for the eBucks rules change to be announce in June, before I potentially bother to make the jump.

Also - what's the point of the metal card? Seems silly?

rvZA

Expert Member
No matter what package you are on at FNB, you get treated the same whether you live in a shack earning R250 a month or whether you live in a billion Rand house earning R150m a month. If you have a problem you end up in endless queues at the bank. If you call a call center you wait hours on the line. If you send an email it takes them weeks to answer you. Been there, done that. Stay on the lowest package available to save on banking costs. The advantages are too few to go to so-called "Private", "Wealth", "Exclusive" etc., packages. They are all a scam to make more money from you with the least expenses to the bank.

Crowley

Executive Member
FNB's offering me to move to PW - but I don't really see any obvious benefits over PC (where i'm currently just scraping level 5 most months).

Waiting for the eBucks rules change to be announce in June, before I potentially bother to make the jump.

Also - what's the point of the metal card? Seems silly?
The same as driving a car that can do more than the speed limit. Nice to have.

No matter what package you are on at FNB, you get treated the same whether you live in a shack earning R250 a month or whether you live in a billion Rand house earning R150m a month. If you have a problem you end up in endless queues at the bank. If you call a call center you wait hours on the line. If you send an email it takes them weeks to answer you. Been there, done that. Stay on the lowest package available to save on banking costs. The advantages are too few to go to so-called "Private", "Wealth", "Exclusive" etc., packages. They are all a scam to make more money from you with the least expenses to the bank.

You've never had a private banker, have you?

Its "Fools Gold", its just a commercial company hoping to con the stupid segment of the rich and make some more money off them.

Depending on your ebucks level you don't pay for the metal card so try again.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member

Not my experience at all.

Since moving up the levels I've had:

a) a private banker who assists when emailed (I never call)
b) bond rates that beat Investec (5.85%).
c) CC rate of 7.00%
d) I email my banker and he sorts out my query within a day - no call centre or holding, at all.

I never had those on the lower tiers.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Perhaps you were just unlucky, but since I Ieft Gold back in 2014 I've only been into a branch once in 7 years and they have always gotten back to me in a timely manner. Of course over time they then degrade tiers further and one is forced to move up if one wants a better level of service or offerings that the higher tiers present.

Tman*

Expert Member
There is a dedicated thread for you here: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/so-i-went-to-capitec.694410/

rvZA

Expert Member

Tman*

Expert Member
Nah, thanks. Happy with FNB. Been a client for 15 years, most of which a private client. Contacted my private banker probably less than 5 times all these years, never got a reply within a week. Perhaps I do not earn quite enough per month to justify the type of service levels described here by some.
coming from a private client for close to 15 years, but advising us to stay on the lowest package available to save on banking cost - LMFAO :ROFL:

rvZA

Expert Member
coming from a private client for close to 15 years, but advising us to stay on the lowest package available to save on banking cost - LMFAO :ROFL:

Just saying what I am experiencing.... definitely not worth the fees. But, hey, your money, your account. If it makes you feel good and important, who am I to complain?

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Nah, thanks. Happy with FNB. Been a client for 15 years, most of which a private client. Contacted my private banker probably less than 5 times all these years, never got a reply within a week. Perhaps I do not earn quite enough per month to justify the type of service levels described here by some.
Ask to change bankers, that's not acceptable service. Unfortunately some of them are not up to par in terms of their service levels or knowledge.

PC should still be good levels of service, I don't know how Premier is faring these days given that it's now a pool of bankers that see to you. Forget Gold, I've been trying to change my old man's residential address for a few years now and eventually they tell me I need to take him into a branch. Via PC all it took was an email to do it.

Tman*

Expert Member
Just saying what I am experiencing.... definitely not worth the fees. But, hey, your money, your account. If it makes you feel good and important, who am I to complain?
I couldn't care less if the card is made from toilet paper TBH. The only thing I do care about is FNB paying me (via ebucks) to bank with them.

As luck might have it I they pay me the most on PW. Your "Stay on the lowest package available to save on banking costs" argument is flawed.

fruitbat

Expert Member
I like my PW account. Perks are great. Thresholds on ebucks are better. Service is great. Banker or their assistant looks after me. Even get calls from them telling me I could tweak something which benefits me. Eg. My kids bank accounts.
I guess I could cut back, but when I do need to travel again that pays for itself quickly.
I will say, the metal card does look cool :) and I would like it - I replace my cards often due to my “minimalistic” wallet.

Se@n

I like my PW account. Perks are great. Thresholds on ebucks are better. Service is great. Banker or their assistant looks after me. Even get calls from them telling me I could tweak something which benefits me. Eg. My kids bank accounts.
I guess I could cut back, but when I do need to travel again that pays for itself quickly.
I will say, the metal card does look cool :) and I would like it - I replace my cards often due to my “minimalistic” wallet.

I’m with you, generally speaking it’s a nice to have and works quite well and on eB level 5 it does pay quite well too. Metal card is cool, nice to see our local banks catching up with their international counterparts. Necessary.. No.. but neither is private banking. we pay for what we get.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
What's in it for FNB to get us to take up the offer of these metal cards? Do they just want us to have something new and shiny to show off with? Brand engagement to foster loyalty?

Meister-Man

What's in it for FNB to get us to take up the offer of these metal cards? Do they just want us to have something new and shiny to show off with? Brand engagement to foster loyalty?
Who knows..
Last month it was a virtual card, now it's a metal card.
Bets for what's next?