FNB Private client vs Private wealth

SG1

I'd really appreciate some advice. I've been on Level 5 (Premier) for ages and get back a decent amount. I want to move my homeloan from SAHL to FNB and FNB has offered a pretty decent rate IF I move to Private. I've been reading so much about people moving from Private back to Premier because of the eBucks. What's the cost vs benefit when looking at Premier vs Private from an eBucks and monthly account fee perspective?

Tman*

Expert Member
I'd really appreciate some advice. I've been on Level 5 (Premier) for ages and get back a decent amount. I want to move my homeloan from SAHL to FNB and FNB has offered a pretty decent rate IF I move to Private. I've been reading so much about people moving from Private back to Premier because of the eBucks. What's the cost vs benefit when looking at Premier vs Private from an eBucks and monthly account fee perspective?
1st of all, PC or PW?

Premier to PC the earn potential is not as substantial as PC - PW.

Main benefit for me on PW is R10k checkers spend at 15%

Rule of thumb is if you going to be spending a lot of money each month on overheads etc it will be worth it if your buying behaviour is synced with ebucks. Dont go to PC or PW expecting to be earn a substantial amount of ebucks over premier if you only spend R3.55 per month on overheads tho.

Kawak

I've been on PW and PC and went back to Premier. I haven't found any benefit to the "Private" ranges and the private bankers are pretty hopeless and slower to get an answer out of than the Premier helpdesk - at least from my experience.
This exact reason, I also want to move back, haven't bothered to make that call yet. Is the process easy? Must I go into a branch?

blunt

Expert Member
This exact reason, I also want to move back, haven't bothered to make that call yet. Is the process easy? Must I go into a branch?
This was a while ago but I just called the PW helpdesk and asked them to downgrade me and they did the process. You will get a new CC and a new CC account which does the usual thing, eventually migrates over and closes the old one.

SG1

Premier to PC. I'm keen because of the total reduction from 7% on my homeloan to around 6% if I move. eBucks are a bonus.

Tman*

Expert Member
Premier to PC. I'm keen because of the total reduction from 7% on my homeloan to around 6% if I move. eBucks are a bonus.
The 7% reduction in homeloan should make it worth it in interest fees saved alone.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Play with the ebucks calculator.
Eg no point saving R1000pm on interest i you lose out on R2000 worth of ebucks

Reactions: SG1