FNB Private client vs Private wealth

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Getting back on topic: is it worth it to move from PC to PW:

It all came down to increased earning caps on ebucks for me, specially Checkers. ie, 3000pm vs 10 000pm

That alone gave me the ability to earn 10 000eb a month more on PW.

Other than that I got a huge reduction on CC rate and that's about it.

Interesting. I've seen a reduction of -1.5% for CC when shifting between each of the account tiers.

Although it looks like PW has lost a lot of it's old school benefits - e.g. at one stage I think it had free share trading + R600 back in eBucks off smart device spend (which meant the bank was basically paying you to have an iPad every month)...

MrsMoose

Hi there. FNB PW client here.

For thr most part, I've really not seen the benefits of PW and a private banker compared to the standard accounts. My banker didn't even know our Home Loan wasn't set up as Flexi and suggested we put money in to save. Big scramble when we needed access to that money and couldn't access it. He also wasn't very proactive and I had to follow up multiple times when we applied for a second home loan for an investment property. It felt like I had an additional person to manage and he couldn't even go back on prior emails to see that I'd sent him the requested info.

As for bond rates on our primary residence we got the 0.25% benefit but we did still go through a bond originator instead of direct through FNB. It was, at the time, the best rate.

In terms of the additional benefits I don't know if I use them enough to warrant them. A friend suggested RMB PW but I think I'd be fine just moving down to a Gold or similar. Ebucks is good but again, offset it against the higher account charges and is it worth it?

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
^ I agree FNB PW is not the greatest, but move down to Gold at your own peril. Things do work better at the higher tiers in my experience. Just my 2 cents, perhaps someone with firsthand experience on Gold or Premier can comment.

I manage my old man's stuff and he's on Gold, I don't know how to get stuff done without going into a branch. Premier maybe one can get by with because then at least you have a pool of bankers to contact, if i am not mistaken.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Hi there. FNB PW client here.

For thr most part, I've really not seen the benefits of PW and a private banker compared to the standard accounts. My banker didn't even know our Home Loan wasn't set up as Flexi and suggested we put money in to save. Big scramble when we needed access to that money and couldn't access it. He also wasn't very proactive and I had to follow up multiple times when we applied for a second home loan for an investment property. It felt like I had an additional person to manage and he couldn't even go back on prior emails to see that I'd sent him the requested info.

As for bond rates on our primary residence we got the 0.25% benefit but we did still go through a bond originator instead of direct through FNB. It was, at the time, the best rate.

In terms of the additional benefits I don't know if I use them enough to warrant them. A friend suggested RMB PW but I think I'd be fine just moving down to a Gold or similar. Ebucks is good but again, offset it against the higher account charges and is it worth it?

In banking a bankers means nothing, its purely who you know (as in contacts)

How old is your first and second bonds? Strange that your bonds wasnt flexi’s, but on PW bonds are structured facilities.

On PW you will automatically get a 0.25% bond perk (extra off).

My view in banking, dont overpay for something you wont use.

Thinking today about the question: did you sign with consent that FNB enables the flexi (when the bond was granted) at the attorneys.

Fnb have that on record by the way.

Last edited:

Tman*

Expert Member
Has anyone gotten the metal cards as yet?

Costs a R1000 that gets waived if you lev3 ebucks during the month of order aparently.

sjm

Has anyone gotten the metal cards as yet?

Costs a R1000 that gets waived if you lev3 ebucks during the month of order aparently.
Which accounts can get the metal cards? How do you order one?

Crowley

Executive Member
Lol looks like a R5 per month Capitec card...

View attachment 1028884
Wrong thread, you want to be here

xodosman123

Expert Member
Do not have a Credit card do not have a fancy Named bank account, but I do Buy cash no loans and by saying that I mean From a paperclip to houses, no debt not interested. That is my reality. And I really do not care about my credit score either.

Crowley

Executive Member
Do not have a Credit card do not have a fancy Named bank account, but I do Buy cash no loans and by saying that I mean From a paperclip to houses, no debt not interested. That is my reality. And I really do not care about my credit score either.
Living the dream!

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Dunno - I got a call from my banker (read: call centre agent)
From Whatsapp:
1614633782771.png

1614633631096.png

Edit: I went this far but am undecided as to whether I even want this metal card.
1614634394799.png

Has anyone tried getting a metal PW credit card?

Last edited: