Ford Ecosport CamBelt

Quakes5

Good morning

I got a 2014 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCI Titanium and got 108K on the clocks.

Dealers are asking a crazy price to replace te cambelt.
How difficult is it to replace the cambelt? Reason I'm asking is that my father is a Mechanic, he used to have his own workshop but now works on Trucks.

I havent discussed with him, but will he be able to do it? or is there special tools or anything required?

Any advice please?

Or if anyone can recommend where I can request quotes? Ford is asking a bit too much for me.

Thanks all.

Pitbull

Verboten
Good morning

I got a 2014 Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCI Titanium and got 108K on the clocks.

Dealers are asking a crazy price to replace te cambelt.
How difficult is it to replace the cambelt? Reason I'm asking is that my father is a Mechanic, he used to have his own workshop but now works on Trucks.

I havent discussed with him, but will he be able to do it? or is there special tools or anything required?

Any advice please?

Or if anyone can recommend where I can request quotes? Ford is asking a bit too much for me.

Thanks all.

Diesel only replace cambelt at around 250k. You sure it needs to be done? Not too familiar with the Ford Diesels :eek:

kripstoe

Expert Member
How much is Ford charging? What does it include?

Diesel only replace cambelt at around 250k. You sure it needs to be done? Not too familiar with the Ford Diesels :eek:

It's probably correct for the Ford TDCI to be replaced at around 90k-105k km. Or at least an inspection service.

Quakes5

Thanks for the replies.

Ford informed that it needs to be replaced before 100K.
They are charging me R10K, this includes labour, cambelt parts and oil change.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
The shouldn't be anything special about an Ecosport, sure your old man can do it.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Thanks for the replies.

Yep. what they quoted me as well on the ST.

GlassMirror

Expert Member

Seems to be their going rate for cambelt services, got qouted the same on my humble Figo. Took it to another dealer workshop and saved myself about R4000

namzsteve

Expert Member
Thanks for the replies.

Ford agents are full of s#it. There are a few things that get replaced when a cambelt service is carried out. It is a fairly difficult job for one man. They basically replace the belt, tensioners and pulleys, and the water pump should be replaced when this is done, sometimes the fan belt get's replaced too, I'm not sure on diesel cars. I helped a friend change his out some time last year. Try bosch service centres. Buy the parts from Ford and have your dad do it.

Are you sure it's a belt service?
My ST uses a chain, regular oil services and it should last plenty kms.

Quakes5

Thank you guys, appreciate the assistance.

I will have a chat with my father, or get a quote from Boch service and see what they charge.

Pitbull

Verboten
Thank you guys, appreciate the assistance.

I will have a chat with my father, or get a quote from Boch service and see what they charge.

You dad will be able to do it. Anyone can change a cambelt on newer cars. The cam and head have markings so you need to be completely clueless to fark it up. Your dad being old school will know about TDC and the likes. He'll do it no sweat.

FlashSA

Executive Member
My 2015 1.5 Petrol EcoSport had it's last free annual service today at 43 000km. I asked how much next year's one would coste and they too mentioned the cambelt change with R5k for the cambelt alone, never mind oil change etc.

That is a hell of a lot of money. If I decide to buy the extended warranty in the next week, then I will have to have the cambelt done next year, which is a 100 000km service item even though my car will only be on 55 000km.

Seems crazy. Wondering if my plan to keep the car out of service plan is a good idea after all.

crawler

Expert Member
My 2015 1.5 Petrol EcoSport had it's last free annual service today at 43 000km. I asked how much next year's one would coste and they too mentioned the cambelt change with R5k for the cambelt alone, never mind oil change etc.

That is a hell of a lot of money. If I decide to buy the extended warranty in the next week, then I will have to have the cambelt done next year, which is a 100 000km service item even though my car will only be on 55 000km.

Seems crazy. Wondering if my plan to keep the car out of service plan is a good idea after all.
How many years is cambelt service

Glad my company covers maintenance on mine

Düber

Expert Member
Not sure about the Ecosport but the Fiesta has a stretch fan belt, there is no adjustment.
Had to make tools to fit a new one, so while the cambelt might be simple (have no idea never done one) getting the fanbelt on and off might be a problem if it is the same.

Lynns

On the Ecosport, it is 100 000km or 4th annual service
I know its very late but here is a attachedment for the Ford EcoSport diesel on when to change what on the services.

Attachments

• EcoSport_B515_1.5_TDCi_MY2013-17_15k_Aug_2020.pdf
    130.3 KB · Views: 14