Free bandwidth after midnight

Shred

Expert Member
Company Rep
“We are always looking for ways to improve the affordability and accessibility of our broadband products,” says iBurst CEO Jannie van Zyl.

jaaa jaaa

guest2013-1

Another kick in the balls for Web Africa... where's your Tier 1 innovation now?! Whoops, stuck in 2005... sorry

Abe

Expert Member
Another kick in the balls for Web Africa... where's your Tier 1 innovation now?! Whoops, stuck in 2005... sorry

FFS, you can stop now. The first 100 times it was funny, the next 500 times it became a bit boring, now it is just tiresome.

fragtion

Expert Member
All these offers are great. Good to see iBurst making some important moves too... BUT: ZA infrastructure is clearly not ready for this storm. Local Latency between IS/SAIX/MWEB (IPConnect) is taking such a hit. it's become hell for gamers and I'm sure we're not alone. Hopefuly infrastructure can be upgraded in favour of these major ISP's turning their backs on the uncapped idea... More relevantly, is iBurst's wireless infrastructure going to handle the downloaders between those hours on their network? Wireless has the problem of noise when too many users flood the same spectrum.
Well let's see how it goes :)

Last edited:

PeterCH

Honorary Master
This is great!

Do you have to subscribe to it especially?
Is it open to users who have iBurst through resellers? (eg MWEB)?

guest2013-1

FFS, you can stop now. The first 100 times it was funny, the next 500 times it became a bit boring, now it is just tiresome.

There's a little button you can press. It's called "Block User". I suggest you use it to keep your sanity.

eltherza

Expert Member
This is great news, as a big chunk of my browsing happens between 5 and 6am as I catch up. Throw in the easter steam specials and this is going to be good times.

Rest of the ibursters, please don't spoil this and do insane amount of torrent mkay?

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
the operative word is "trial" and they are not charging for it, unlike some ISP that call their packages "uncapped beta testing". Learn-baby-learn from the beeeg-boys.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
All these offers are great. Good to see iBurst making some important moves too... BUT: ZA infrastructure is clearly not ready for this storm. Local Latency between IS/SAIX/MWEB (IPConnect) is taking such a hit. it's become hell for gamers and I'm sure we're not alone. Hopefuly infrastructure can be upgraded in favour of these major ISP's turning their backs on the uncapped idea... More relevantly, is iBurst's wireless infrastructure going to handle the downloaders between those hours on their network? Wireless has the problem of noise when too many users flood the same spectrum.
Well let's see how it goes :)

One of the reasons we are rough on P2P!

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
This is great!

Do you have to subscribe to it especially?
Is it open to users who have iBurst through resellers? (eg MWEB)?

No, subscribers do not need to do anything to obtain the benefit. In July it will become a value added service which then needs to be requested. It will be competitively priced, potentially even rated at the same price as the trial.

It is open to all users including those who have iBurst through MWEB. The only exclusion is Prepaid.

eltherza

Expert Member
It will be competitively priced, potentially even rated at the same price as the trial

I'm confused, does this mean we have to pay during the trial?

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
This is great news, as a big chunk of my browsing happens between 5 and 6am as I catch up. Throw in the easter steam specials and this is going to be good times.

Rest of the ibursters, please don't spoil this and do insane amount of torrent mkay?

Happy cornflake surfing...