• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Galaxy Note 8

Lol, that is their standard excuse

Phone after phone Vodacom are rubbish at updates. The Note8 is the first phone that I have gone this long without Unbranding but I think I will do it soon. Vodacom have not changed, they are still rubbish at software updates.
They were doing well with the S8+ tbh, lots of times we got the update before most of the popular international countries.

W.Salie

I asked Vodacom about the Note8 updates. Their response was they are still testing it on the network. Seems like I'll have no option but to de-brand my phone...
How do one do this de-branding.. vc not only have poor updates but they the only service provider in sa that took out the video call function for normal call. So it would be a benefit it de-brand

Nimz

Expert Member
Anyone have the issue - Check charger / USB port (Moisture detected)?

Phone was 2 months old - never in or around water / steam etc

I took it in last week, received replacement device today.

Sealed in box:D

@faniedry you mention you flashed to btu on the n8. How did you get it right. Tried so many times.
So when I download the stuff from Sammobile, I only flash the AP, thinking I will only upgrade my OS, but it wiped my phone... first time I saw that. Been running like this for about a month, and noticed there was a problem with my storage... I think the Vodacom OS wasn't wiped, and the BTU one just installed next to it. So I went into recovery, did a complete data wipe, booted into download mode, and flash all 4 files... while i was busy setting up the phone, I got two updates via OTA, both around 500mb.

michellej

Expert Member
So when I download the stuff from Sammobile, I only flash the AP, thinking I will only upgrade my OS, but it wiped my phone... first time I saw that. Been running like this for about a month, and noticed there was a problem with my storage... I think the Vodacom OS wasn't wiped, and the BTU one just installed next to it. So I went into recovery, did a complete data wipe, booted into download mode, and flash all 4 files... while i was busy setting up the phone, I got two updates via OTA, both around 500mb.
Hope that will work with s9 models. I see british filmware out already

Musiclover08

Anyone have the issue - Check charger / USB port (Moisture detected)?

Phone was 2 months old - never in or around water / steam etc

I took it in last week, received replacement device today.

Sealed in box:D
I had this issue but it was because I took then phone into the shower and water was in the port. It's actually a safety feature so that you don't short the phone when you charge it. Won't charge if it detects moisture of any kind.

Check the pathetic response I get. Have they been testing an update since December!? Vodacom are a joke.
Reworded:
Thank you for reaching out. We are currently sitting on our hands, so that when we jerk each other off later, it'll feel weird. The ETA on the circle jerk is 15min. Please send nail polish to spice things up. Please feel free to flash XFE according to Fanie's awesome guide in the Android sub-forum. :)

LOL, pathetic

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Reworded:
Thank you for reaching out. We are currently sitting on our hands, so that when we jerk each other off later, it'll feel weird. The ETA on the circle jerk is 15min. Please send nail polish to spice things up. Please feel free to flash XFE according to Fanie's awesome guide in the Android sub-forum. :)

LOL, pathetic
Love it LOL!

I think I need to use that Fanie method at this point, those idiots will be circle jerking until the Note9