• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Gearbest.com - Any good?

ebendl

Expert Member
so is gearbest working now or are there still problems?
There's a bunch of problems - from shipping delays to stolen Aramex packages to customs to Dubai delays to stock issues to zip code issue. But people still get packages and for most people it resolves one way or another.

Myself waiting for a package to arrive hopefully next week.

Sayf777

They seem to be more faster now. Ordered 2 different times priority and already shipped within 4 days (showing up at Aramex HK)

pardus

Update on my order from Geekbuying.com:

(for those that haven't seen the fiasco I had with Gearbest, I ordered and paid on the 17th Nov and by 12th Dec it was still 'Processing' and by 18th Dec (31 days) it still hadn't been shipped despite being 'Packed' on the 14th. Shipping method was then changed to 'Flat Rate' from Aramex Express (no refund for cheaper shipping) due to my 50+ year old postal code being "incorrect" and insurance was removed (no refund for insurance removal). At no time was I informed of what was going on, only through responses to my various tickets.)

Geekbuying.com order:

26/12/2017 21:10
Notification of shipment confirmation
SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE

31/12/2017 11:02
Received at Processing Facility
SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE

31/12/2017 11:02
Received at Processing Facility
SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE

02/01/2018 09:39
Depart from Overseas Processing Facility
SPEEDPOST SERVICE CENTRE

So it's still an unreal wait, it left Singapore on 2 Jan, now the 13th and no sign yet. Am sure SAPO goes slow to frustrate us and make us stop buying/giving them so much work!

Gearbest has refunded me (but R132 less, presume exchange rate and fees)

Mity

I saw that but not gonna complain anymore.
i often order from gearbest/banggood/geekbuying I am usually happy with them unless i need support or i need my stuff urgently.

I usually choose the free shipping and don't stress too much when it takes +- 2 month to arrive....i guess this package will take longer then the advertised 7-10 days....i'll just wait :)
Got an update today.

13 Jan 2018*02:51 AM

Dubai Express Hub, United Arab Emirates

Received at Operations Facility

So it seems it did sort itself out, just as many have said no here. So it took about 5 days for it to get "found" on the system again.

Now for the SA and customs leg... Fingers crossed.

ebendl

Expert Member
Got an update today.

13 Jan 2018*02:51 AM

Dubai Express Hub, United Arab Emirates

Received at Operations Facility

So it seems it did sort itself out, just as many have said no here. So it took about 5 days for it to get "found" on the system again.

Now for the SA and customs leg... Fingers crossed.
I'm glad to hear!

Just keep a finger on Aramex - They sort out customs faster than the post office.

Hi guys
I need some help over here, I want to order a smartphone from geekbuying [ honor 7x ] but I have never done any overseas order before and have no idea what I'm doing. With my research I've found out that DHL shipping seems to be the fastest and most reliable. Whats your experience with DHL?
And how much customs will I pay?

aktiv

Hi guys
I need some help over here, I want to order a smartphone from geekbuying [ honor 7x ] but I have never done any overseas order before and have no idea what I'm doing. With my research I've found out that DHL shipping seems to be the fastest and most reliable. Whats your experience with DHL?
And how much customs will I pay?
Based on what you say - just go with Scott's Shipping on this forum - can personally recommend

falcrum

Just another anecdote from GearBest:

I ordered a Xiaomi Mi A1 from their Hong Kong warehouse on 28 December, with Aramex. No postal code issues this time, and they shipped the next day. Aramex called me a week later to get my ID and email address, and it was delivered on 12 January (just over 2 weeks). Overall this went quite well, and I was very happy with the customer support from Aramex (only had to call them once, and they were very quick to help).

I also ordered a phone cover from their China warehouse, using standard delivery (didn't have any stock in Hong Kong, so couldn't include in the same order). SAPO's tracking doesn't seem to work at the moment, so I have no idea where it is, but from past experience I'm assuming this will take another month or so to arrive.

LCBXX

Executive Member
So far so good with Gearbest and Aramex. Very little issue with the items I have bought so far (Phone and TV box).

Mity

Order update:

14 Jan 2018
01:42 PM
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa
Customs Clearance - In Progress

I'm going to call aramex to see if they can send me the customs clearance invoice. Hopefully I'll have my order before the end of the week...

bar1

Expert Member
Order update:

14 Jan 2018
01:42 PM
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa
Customs Clearance - In Progress

I'm going to call aramex to see if they can send me the customs clearance invoice. Hopefully I'll have my order before the end of the week...
Please keep us updated...mine is showing the same.

xefor

Onto my sixth day of Custom Clearance with Aramex.

Customs Clearance: in Progress

Last edited: