General Photography

Some hard learned lessons.So I took my 600D with me to the horse-club this weekend.They did some dressage and jumping so on.

First thing is shadows and shade is bloody irritating. First mistake I did was not shooting all my photos in RAW,got very good results from RAW easy to edit out bad shadows.
Second mistake was shooting ISO on auto and a F stop of 8.Some of the photos shot in the shade had been shot at 800ISO even that low my 600D had bad noise on them :( made me really sad
Last people of cellphone cameras walking in front of me when I am shooting :confused:I don't do it to them >>>>
 
Had a chance to start cranking up the ISO the other evening and I'm not at all displeased with the results.

RH1X9624 (1).jpg
 
bwana

just got to ask how is the 7D? going for u while u showing off
 
bwana

just got to ask how is the 7D? going for u while u showing off

7D? Still a great little camera. Definitely keeping it around for cricket.
 
Some hard learned lessons.So I took my 600D with me to the horse-club this weekend.They did some dressage and jumping so on.

First thing is shadows and shade is bloody irritating. First mistake I did was not shooting all my photos in RAW,got very good results from RAW easy to edit out bad shadows.
Second mistake was shooting ISO on auto and a F stop of 8.Some of the photos shot in the shade had been shot at 800ISO even that low my 600D had bad noise on them :( made me really sad
Last people of cellphone cameras walking in front of me when I am shooting :confused:I don't do it to them >>>>

12800/25600 on a 500-600D isn't *that* bad. At least, you could always convert to B&W if the colour casts annoy you and pretend it was shot on high-ISO B&W film ._.

800px-5780-NoWM.jpg 800px-5780-NoWM-2.jpg 800px-3291-NoWM.jpg
 
12800/25600 on a 500-600D isn't *that* bad. At least, you could always convert to B&W if the colour casts annoy you and pretend it was shot on high-ISO B&W film ._.

Last I heard the max iso on the 600d was 12800 aka H1 which seems to be canonspeak for "in case of emergency break glass..."
 
7D? Still a great little camera. Definitely keeping it around for cricket.

Hi Bwana, what lens do you use for cricket ? What lens would you suggest for high school cricket ? I just want to take some photos when my son is playing. Using a Canon 600D. Thanks
 
Hi Bwana, what lens do you use for cricket ? What lens would you suggest for high school cricket ? I just want to take some photos when my son is playing. Using a Canon 600D. Thanks
I use a Canon 400mm f/2.8 IS L II with either a 1.4x or 2x teleconverter. Something like a sigma 50-500 or 150-500 would probably give you enough reach during the day.
 
I got myself my first ever DSLR. Got the Canon 600D triple lense kit for R7 570.00.

Still busy learning all the terms and how to use them effectivly to create better shots.

My first pic with it. Left all setting to auto and got this by accident.

IMG_0242[1].jpg

These were taken later

IMG_0243[2].jpg
IMG_0244[1].jpg

Feedback would be appreciated.
 
883fbdf8.jpg


;)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X