South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Riots NO, protests YES.Yes, rietrot made a good point. Are the riots justified ?
I think it has now moved to the acronym, just #BLM.
Who would have thought that in July 2016 when BLM was protesting the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castillo at a protest in Dallas, a BLM member opened fire killing 5 policeman, would have driven internet traffic on google?
Remember when lefties on here said all the stupid stuff that young lefties on campus would remain there and conservatives were hyping a non-existant problem that did not exist in the real world? Well...
It's related to this story: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/04/media/new-york-times-tom-cotton/index.html
From Chris_the_not_very_brit's article:![]()
Why I won't 'take the knee'
It's tempting to choose a quiet life and go along with the madness of crowdsunherd.com
On the endemic racism of the protesters.
Many years ago I was introduced to one of the most helpful rules of logic: to never say or write anything the opposite of which would only be uttered by a madman.
![]()
Why I won't 'take the knee'
It's tempting to choose a quiet life and go along with the madness of crowdsunherd.com
On the endemic racism of SOME protesters.
Why I won't kneel. Because there is no systemic racism. What are these people kneeling doing? Saying that they are sorry for being racist? Well I geuss that's good. But I don't have anything to say sorry for.![]()
Why I won't 'take the knee'
It's tempting to choose a quiet life and go along with the madness of crowdsunherd.com
On the endemic racism of the protesters.
Disgusting.
FtFY
Likewise, among the lists of online demands and assertions of recent days there is only one test which can tell us whether they are diminishing racism or encouraging it — that is to try replacing the word ‘white’ with the word ‘black’ and vice-versa.
Doing so reveals the fact that most, if not all of these vogue-ish lists of instructions are profoundly racist. We would recognise this if they consisted of lists of assertions about black people, or instructions to black people on how to think or speak, or referred to ‘all black people’ as if they were a homogenous group.
Seriously disgusting what was done to that man.
Who was George Floyd? The 'gentle giant' who was trying to turn his life aroundI am yet to see a single person here defend the criminal. Most are disgusted by the way he was killed on the street though yes. Quite a few are defending a killer though.
Whap bam boogieI think it has now moved to the acronym, just #BLM.
Apparently Boogaloo is a top search (think I heard it on Tim pool) but didn't check.
Celebrating a criminal. Sickening.![]()
Trump sued over clearing peaceful protesters: Live updates
Lawsuit says Trump and officials 'unlawfully conspired to violate' demonstrators' rights when clearing Lafayette Park.www.aljazeera.com
![]()
Most of ANC leadership are actually criminals so..... only makes sense.Celebrating a criminal. Sickening.
Birds of a feather and all that ...Celebrating a criminal. Sickening.