w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
You can all thank crackersa. He was the one that reported them to the Internet sherrif.

People should continue using UntoTelly. A really cheap and effective service that does the same thing.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I knew this was coming the moment I saw the original news article on MyBB!

I should have post it at the time so that I could quote myself now :D

Last edited:

siraman

Expert Member
Perhaps Monochoice exerted legal pressure?Sure as hell smells like it.But hey,my conspiracy theory.

smokey

Honorary Master
Perhaps Monochoice exerted legal pressure?Sure as hell smells like it.But hey,my conspiracy theory.

Realistically, who else would? I mean they are the only ones standing to lose. All the ISPs are pushing streaming as an alternative to torrents so the only one left is MC (and maybe whatever DMCA org there is here).

Petec

Expert Member
monochoice strikes again.

Buuuuut, the more they try stop this type of thing, the more it's going to happen.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
You can all thank crackersa. He was the one that reported them to the Internet sherrif.

People should continue using UntoTelly. A really cheap and effective service that does the same thing.

Are you serious?

What a nut, these services needs exposure in SA to allow its development and feasibility, it is only way to identify it as a viable solution in order to relax the law on these matters.

elvis_presley

Expert Member
Realistically, who else would?

Vidi's a more direct competitor and certainly has more to lose than Multichoice from the service.

Or it could just be some random a-hole that doesn't like to see other people have nice things.

smokey

Honorary Master
Vidi's a more direct competitor and certainly has more to lose than Multichoice from the service.

Or it could just be some random a-hole that doesn't like to see other people have nice things.

Vidi is relatively new from what I gather and doesn't really have the clout of MC.

Sparky_za

Expert Member
So are they prepared to reimburse anyone who signed up for Netflix/Hulu because of this? I doubt there would be too many people considering the short time frame, but I'm sure there must be a couple.

The Door

Honorary Master
While I don't begrudge them for closing it, I have to wonder whether this would have ever gone anywhere in court. What exactly is illegal about it again?