Great move to Absolute Hosting

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Thanks for the feedback @Bryn - glad to see that our VPS Servers are holding up against the rest.

Breaks my heart when you say you discovered the fastest server in the world for WordPress and your sentence doesn't include the words Absolute Hosting. :crying::crying::crying:

Jokes aside, the Linux Kerner will perform substantially better on a higher frequency CPU and as you have pointed out - it prefers the Intel CPU in comparison.

We havent performed any comparisons yet but this may be something that I could ask our Disti if they were interested in participating in - If you're interested in doing something like this?

I do still have plans to get higher frequency cpu's added to the mix and will explore this as soon as possible. If there is sufficient demand for it then this would obviously allow me to prioritize this.

I cater almost exclusively to US clients, so don't go getting an expensive new server for my sake. If it happens, I'm certainly on board, but the current VPS is performing nicely.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
The problem with the migration was caused by my previous hosting provider.
I am in exactly the same situation now. Impossible to move backups off the server fast enough, migration gurus not being able to log in because the server is down, crap like that.

Very very frustrating process. The clients we have migrated are so happy. The difference is clear. I haven't had a single support related call from any of my migrated clients. Well worth the effort.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
I moved to absolute hosting because of this thread.

Thank you for trusting us with your hosting

I am in exactly the same situation now. Impossible to move backups off the server fast enough, migration gurus not being able to log in because the server is down, crap like that.

Very very frustrating process. The clients we have migrated are so happy. The difference is clear. I haven't had a single support related call from any of my migrated clients. Well worth the effort.
Sorry to hear about the issues with the source data / other web host.
Are will still assisting you with the transfer?

Off topic, but somewhat relevant .

We have procured new high frequency Intel XEON CPU's and as soon as they arrive and have been installed we'll complete the setup of a new DirectAdmin Server within the near future.

These new Xeon CPU's will make a massive difference in performance which will result in faster load times for WordPress sites.