Gym Supplements

syntax

Executive Member
has anyone here ever used SARMS?
What was your experience like, which ones did you take, what lab were they from and what schedule did you use?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
has anyone here ever used SARMS?
What was your experience like, which ones did you take, what lab were they from and what schedule did you use?
I have heard good things about LP MK677 and LGD 4033. MK677 is not a SARM so you can take it for extended periods at 1 tablet per day or you can stack LGD 4033 and MK677 for 12 weeks but then you need a PCT.

It also depends what you want to achieve as with all things, different products will yield different results.

syntax

Executive Member
I have heard good things about LP MK677 and LGD 4033. MK677 is not a SARM so you can take it for extended periods at 1 tablet per day or you can stack LGD 4033 and MK677 for 12 weeks but then you need a PCT.

It also depends what you want to achieve as with all things, different products will yield different results.
I ran MK-2866 and GW for 6 weeks, tested S4 with them for another 2 weeks.
Results were decent, the yellow vision issue with S4 is very real.
Did full bloods, no suppression at all which is good

Thinking of running LGD, GW and S4 once I have given my body a break. Will do a log with proper measurements etc to track the progress a little better
My experience has been good overall, most of the stuff I google hits forums with guys just looking to push their products. Dedicated bodybuilding forums seem to dismiss SARM's and just recommend AAS, which I dont want to do. Medical studies seem positive at least
Interested if anyone else on here has given them a bash

Nuke

The most well studied SARM is Ostarine(MK-2866), and that at doses far lower than any bro science suggest is a good dose. LGD4033 has some human studies as well, but once again at a max dose of 3mg a day IIRC, far lower than any "gym supplement" product contains. Even at that dose it suppressed the HPTA considerably. While I have no doubt that they do have an effect, they are very understudied and you will likely be safer and have better effects using a steroid which has many years of use and research behind it. For both blood work is a good idea and both SARMS and oral steroids may be raise liver enzymes.

MK-677 is an interesting one, it not related to the androgen receptor in any way. Its a non peptide ghrelin mimic, which releases growth hormone, and in turn IGF-1. Unlike exogenous GH, it will keep the pulsed nature of GH release. It generally more for healing because it can helps supporting structures like tendons as well. There are other options as well, like GRRP-6 that work roughly the same, but needs to be injected.
The other option to increase GH is via a growth hormone releasing hormone mimic like Sermorelin or the longer acting CJC1295DAC.

The one I would totally stay away from is GW-501516 (Cardarine). Its also not a SARM, but grouped with them. While it does work in increasing endurance, it has no human studies. It has been abandoned because in mice there was no safe dose where it did not raise cancer incidence and tumor size by a considerable amount.

I have not used any of these compounds, but I have read every study on pubmed on RAD140, Ostarine, LGD4033 and MK677. I would really suggest anyone interested in using them do the same. Use sci-hub.tw to grab full studies.

syntax

Executive Member
Ive read the studies on Cardarine and Cancer, the dosages given to the rodents was insanely high over a very long period, but will do a bit more digging.

I am a little cautious of using RAD140 yet, guys who I have spoken to said it is quite hectic and there is definitely suppression.
I might see how this next cycle goes and take it from there

Nuke

Finding the GW501516 toxicity study again was a bit of a pain but here it is on page 189. http://www.toxicology.org/pubs/docs/Tox/2009Tox.pdf. The dose may have been higher than many people take it at, but 3mg/kg/day for a rat works out to about 0.47mg/kg/day for a human, thus 35mg for a 75kg human.

Humans are more resistant to cancer than rodents, but I'll sit this round out. Maybe in a few years with more research done I'll check it out again. I have enough other toys to play with anyway.

syntax

Executive Member
Not arguing, just trying to make sure
The study I read on that link says this regarding the amounts
"GW501516, a non-genotoxic PPARδ agonist, was assessed for carcinogenic potential by daily administration (oral gavage) to Han Wistar rats for a period of 104 weeks. Males were given 0, 5, 15 or 30 mg/kg/day for the first 6 weeks of the study. For the remainder of the study males were given 0, 5, 20 or 40 mg/kg/day. Females were given 0, 3, 10 or 20 mg/kg/day for the entire study "

104 weeks is very excessive

my math is failing me, how do you get 3mg/kg/day on rats to 0.47mg/kg/day for humans?
My brain wants to say the dosage is the same, its mg per Kg?

Nuke

True, 104 weeks is a pretty long time. Perhaps I'm a pain, but when reading studies I just like to see a lifespan extending or cancer lowering effect before I take something strange.

We have to account for interspecies differences. Its a very rough calculation, but smaller animals have a faster metabolism and faster physiological processes. In a rat it gets broken down far quicker than in a human. For this surface area of the animal is a good indication.
This of cause does not account for cases where one species totally metabolizes a substance differently, maybe by lacking a process or enzyme. Eg. a small amount of Xylitol will kill your dog, but not you.

For the human dose from a rat dose I divided by 6.4. I have seen numbers of 6.2 to 6.4 for rats, I usually use 6.4. The study linked below use 6.2, its not a big difference in the end.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4804402

Pufferfish94

I see Xtreme Nutrition are now open at La Lucia mall, also they will soon be stocking MTS Nutrition according to their Instagram

Romer

Does anyone know where I could get maltodextrin in dbn area? I would rather mix my whey and carb as a mass gainer.
In saying that is there different kinds of maltodextrins/dextrose that are better for bulking (avoiding to much fat gain)

bro-da

1538033915874.png

Decent prices on whey protein on TA. Just a heads up that the Muscle Works Nitro tastes **** but at that price i'm considering it

Emjay

Executive Member
Not sure if we discussed it here, but I think it warrants a thought if this applies to you. If you are trying to lose weight and using whey protein as a way to get more protein into your diet or just as an easy meal replacement, whey is very insulinogenic which increases hunger and may cause your energy levels to spike and then crash. The insulin response is more severe than eating a slice of white bread.

Just something that may be working against your weight loss goals.

Hiro ZA

So i've just started doing some weights and strength training. Muscles are pretty sore and wondering if I need to take glutamine or BCAAA to help with recovery. Also, is there any sort of ranking/hierarchy in terms of the brands ? So if you had to order these in terms of quality/effectiveness : Muscle Works, Muscle Wellnessm, USN, BioGen (any others that are better? )