Gym Supplements

xcaliber

Expert Member
cools. to be honest I prefer Nutritech to Evox overall. what flavour did you get?
Evox is not too bad. Currently 2/3 complete of the chocolate flavor from them.

Bought the peanut buttur flavor from Nutritech.

WorldWarII

I Use NPL for most stuff. have good combos on their website. Got a reps discount coupon code for 20% off but not sure how liberally Im supposed to dish it out.

WorldWarII

their black series is pretty good, got good gains without the loose stomach. the test charge x6 is especially good for a natural test booster. Its not gold standard but its not bad for the price. The pre-Workouts are iffy.

Pufferfish94

For a while now whenever I train I end up feeling faint and getting blurry vision (seeing spots) and feel like I might be sick.

I have been training for years and while I had days like this before it is now a regular occurrence and its really affecting my ability to train.

I have been for my Discovery health check and all my values were perfect so not sure what the issue could be. I train first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, could be the problem, but don't have time in the mornings to have a full breakfast before going to gym. I also don't usually eat breakfast on days I don't train.

Any ideas / suggestions?

xcaliber

Expert Member
For a while now whenever I train I end up feeling faint and getting blurry vision (seeing spots) and feel like I might be sick.

I have been training for years and while I had days like this before it is now a regular occurrence and its really affecting my ability to train.

I have been for my Discovery health check and all my values were perfect so not sure what the issue could be. I train first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, could be the problem, but don't have time in the mornings to have a full breakfast before going to gym. I also don't usually eat breakfast on days I don't train.

Any ideas / suggestions?
Go to a doctor

jman

Expert Member

Any ideas / suggestions?
Try eat a banana or something before and see if that works

bromster

Expert Member

Any ideas / suggestions?
What supplements are you using? Sounds like a blood pressure issue.

Easy a banana every day on your way to gym. Keep doing it for a week and see how you feel.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Looking for the experts here. I want to get something to assist in strengthening. I'm not looking at bulking up (I can't anyway as my metabolism keeps me thin as a rake) but I would like to get something I can take during the day or before or after exercise that will assist in muscle recovery and growth. Would that be protein or whey (or a combination)?

bro-da

Looking for the experts here. I want to get something to assist in strengthening. I'm not looking at bulking up (I can't anyway as my metabolism keeps me thin as a rake) but I would like to get something I can take during the day or before or after exercise that will assist in muscle recovery and growth. Would that be protein or whey (or a combination)?
Whey is a type of protein. That will help with recovery from gym workouts and gaining lean muscle mass over time. A reasonable price is about R200/kg.

Also use Creatine monohydrate. 5 grams per day. And it's really cheap. Get Nutitech 500gm container.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Whey is a type of protein. That will help with recovery from gym workouts and gaining lean muscle mass over time. A reasonable price is about R200/kg.

Also use Creatine monohydrate. 5 grams per day. And it's really cheap. Get Nutitech 500gm container.
Cheers, thanks bud.

bromster

Expert Member
Strength will more likely come from your training regimen than from supplements.

Do you do pull ups?

Keep doing exactly what you're currently doing at the gym, but add pull-ups. During your workout, set a goal of 20, 30, 50 pull-ups... However many you decide is a good target. Don't leave gym until they're done.

Never do them 2 days in a row as your muscles need time to recover. And push till you fail on every set. This is probably the most important part. I've been so broken some times that it takes me 6 attempts to do 1 set of 10. I'd fail on rep 2, but wouldn't give up. I took a 10 second break and managed another 3. Then another 2 etc. Eventually I'd reach 10, then do other stuff in the gym until I felt ready to try my second set of 10.

Start with assisted pull-ups, then narrow grip underhand or overhand (don't get comfortable doing the underhand ones and neglect the overhand ones, the motion and muscle activation is different so force yourself to do both). From there widen your grip a little every week or 2.

After 3 months you'll Marvel at how much longer you can plank, how much easier your bench press is etc. Having a strong back assists your entire your body. It's just a case of swallowing your pride and showing the gym that you can only do 2 pull-ups at a time.

Good luck

Edit: A spot is ideal but not necessary. If you have one, the person doing the exercise should hang their entire body dead straight. The spot can support you by pushing you upwards with open palms in the middle of your back.

So many people fold their legs underneath them, and let the spot support them under their legs. When you start to fail, you subconsciously start to push off with your feet. Your lift angle and technique gets messed up.

Last edited: