Gym Supplements

touch_stone

I've been through most of the Whey Protein range EVOX, USN, SSN, CIPLA with similar results and no real side effects.

Recently I purchased Nutritech (for the first time) and noticed it upset my tummy. Also the recommended dosage after training says 4 scoops - 46 grams.

Now the my big question is How many grams of protein is your body able to absorb in one go?

None of the other mentioned above recommend such a high dosage.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I've been through most of the Whey Protein range EVOX, USN, SSN, CIPLA with similar results and no real side effects.

Recently I purchased Nutritech (for the first time) and noticed it upset my tummy. Also the recommended dosage after training says 4 scoops - 46 grams.

Now the my big question is How many grams of protein is your body able to absorb in one go?

They say you get maximal benefit from taking in 30g of protein in one meal.

However... bear in mind that when you eat protein, your body deliberately slows down gastric emptying (stomach emptying) to make sure it has time to absorb as much of the protein as it can. So, your 30g of whey protein is relatively quick digesting, but it still takes a couple of hours. I believe whey protein is absorbed at a rate of around 10g per hour. My point is, it isn't "in one go" like you think, it takes longer than that.

I used to do 4 scoops of Nutritech - but I started to wonder if there was any point. There are few studies that show a benefit to consuming that much protein, and those that do are of questionable quality. I'm just not sure how well that translates to the real world. I'm not convinced that if someone eats 240g of protein per day, that he will grow bigger in terms of muscle mass than someone who eats 120g of protein per day (which is already a lot).

bromster

Expert Member

I have some Cipla but actually prefer the nutritech taste. I have a few 2kg tubs if you wanna swap yours out.

CarsinemiA

Has anyone ordered any MyProtein lately? If so, how long did it take to arrive?

I want to place another order but I don't have much faith in our post office.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Dont know about incoming but something interesting happened the other day. My mother in law sent a package with the post office to the UK, normal mail option and it arrived in less than 14 days.
Has anyone ordered any MyProtein lately? If so, how long did it take to arrive?

I want to place another order but I don't have much faith in our post office.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
And the store assistants are giving stuff away for free.

Bought 2xAnabolic (R499 each)... Got the BlueLab whey for free (R499) and the guy gave me the creatine for free as well (not sure the price)

bro-da

1535430152080.png

Good price on this. I bought the chocolate flavour the last time it was this price and it tasted very good.