Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

mh348

Expert Member

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
Takealots servers will not crash today like it normally does every black friday coz there are no great deals today, boring
/spit

Azg

Expert Member
Telkom A20 for R249 freeme 1GB. The special is on the additional 5GB data per month for 24 months.Screenshot_20191129-063835_Chrome.jpg

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
The thing I'm most disappointed by is how the car OEMs just didn't jump onto Black Friday at all. You'd think they'd be trying to shift stock before the end of the year, but nope. I guess their profit margins are just too tight these days.

WAslayer

Expert Member
The thing I'm most disappointed by is how the car OEMs just didn't jump onto Black Friday at all. You'd think they'd be trying to shift stock before the end of the year, but nope. I guess their profit margins are just too tight these days.
Hyundai, Volvo and ford have deals..

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Hyundai, Volvo and ford have deals..
Barely.

That Volvo S90 deal ends now but it started earlier in November. Also S90, who the hell affords that?
Hyundai ... accessories discount and a one month payment holiday on the Elantra, so "special".
Ford ... Maintenance Plan upgrade on Ford Rangers. What about the rest of their range?

Maybe you want to add Mercedes-Benz's "special" on the X-class bakkie *facepalm*

WAslayer

Expert Member
Barely.

That Volvo S90 deal ends now but it started earlier in November. Also S90, who the hell affords that?
Hyundai ... accessories discount and a one month payment holiday on the Elantra, so "special".
Ford ... Maintenance Plan upgrade on Ford Rangers. What about the rest of their range?

Maybe you want to add Mercedes-Benz's "special" on the X-class bakkie *facepalm*
Whether the deals are special or not, they did jump onto black Friday.. the elantra special is a one YEAR payment holiday, not one month..

wizardofid

Executive Member
Yeah like they say, "it ain't a bargain if you did not really need it". Lots of people getting brainwashed by all the retailers.

Interestingly enough, capitec sent out a mailer today to warn all their customers about this very thing...
lol i have decided what i want this BF.............some rain, we got like 15mm total in the last 200 odd days we have a 40% chance today, 40% isnt enough 'discount'........

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Whether the deals are special or not, they did jump onto black Friday.. the elantra special is a one YEAR payment holiday, not one month..
Ooooh, so it is. Ok that's a little bit better, albeit I'm pretty sure they haven't frozen interest on the car loan for that year, so you'll be racking up compound interest for an entire year without paying a cent towards it. And by the time you finish the deal, you're going to have a car that's one year older than it would have been. So there's a sting in the tail there, I think?

Would it really have been too much to expect R30 000 trade-in assist on a Polo, or a Corolla, or any other regular car?

Kia has a Picanto free upgrade special, but it's on the base model that doesn't even have ABS. That's a death trap, not a special.