Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

airborne

Honorary Master
I’m not sure why people are so fascinated with Romoss. It’s over priced and not that much better quality than most out there. I know from experience with them.

On the flip side, for R400 there is a superbly 20000mah power bank that supports PD and has been flawless for me. It was in special for R289 at some point.

Even the YObo I think it is is better than romoss.
Can you post a link to it please.

WAslayer

Executive Member
Thanks - pretty much as expected.
Whats a good brand?
I have the yi dashcam, no reverse/rear cam though.. TomTom is good as well..

It has been a while since I looked though, so you should do some up to date research..

enerdude

Expert Member
So I'm a Romoss fan but have bought some anker products in the past and they are not too shabby at all. Today on takealot, a slim 10000mah powerbank for R299:

johnjm

Expert Member
So I'm a Romoss fan but have bought some anker products in the past and they are not too shabby at all. Today on takealot, a slim 10000mah powerbank for R299:

Yeah personally though, if it’s micro usb only and supports no PD it pretty pointless in 2021

bar1

Expert Member

enerdude

Expert Member
Yeah personally though, if it’s micro usb only and supports no PD it pretty pointless in 2021
Everybody does not have the latest devices (or expensive apple ones), there is a market for it, even if only for the form factor.
You always have some kind of useless comment on this thread about powerbanks that does not meet your strict standards so no need to comment anymore we know how you feel :unsure:

johnjm

Expert Member
Everybody does not have the latest devices (or expensive apple ones), there is a market for it, even if only for the form factor.
You always have some kind of useless comment on this thread about powerbanks that does not meet your strict standards so no need to comment anymore we know how you feel :unsure:

Eh? My point is, if a device doesn’t support things like Pd and has old ICs in it for micro usb, then the price should show it.

But if you are paying a premium for no premium features then the joke is on you.

enerdude

Expert Member
Eh? My point is, if a device doesn’t support things like Pd and has old ICs in it for micro usb, then the price should show it.

But if you are paying a premium for no premium features then the joke is on you.
Well that powerbank is a slim form factor so has more than one selling point. Also, no need to repeat yourself 10 times in a thread or are you trying to make sure everyone new to the thread does not miss out?